StarMade Prerelease 0.09392: Exploits

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

starting with this update I'm going to pre-release new versions for everyone to download and test, so that game breaking bugs can found faster without pushing the update onto everyone.

If you want to test, please don't overwrite your actual version with this, but copy over your server-database folder to test on your universe.

The release can be obtained here:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130901_155235.zip

Password&Username is both "dev".

This version basically fixes some exploits that hackers used to abuse the system, taking control of any entity and deleting blocks of other ships left and right.

This is the full changelog. Please do not post any balance issues on pre-releases, exception if the balance has actually changed for an update.

Here is the changelog for this update (a better description will follow with the full release):

- cleaned up death routine and control units
    - kicking now immediately disconnects client after kick command has been sent (fixes anti-kick exploit)
    - fixed bug that would cause lasers not to hit astronauts in certain situations (callback had wrong meta data)
    - fixed player directions
    - added admin command to issue debug routines to enhance log output (to specifically debug certain objects)
    - extra check on server to prevent players from using a hacked client to take control of structures
    - extra check when blocks are placed to prevent missuse
    - player object changes checks on server if the changes came from the right client, and will report otherwise (attempt to control another player)
    - improved memory scalability for bigger structures
    - structure names can now contain spaces
    - structure names can now be changed with the faction module
    - fixed texture array fallback (crash on startup for some graphics cards)

The full version will probably released within 24 hours, if there are no gamebreaking bugs.

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Sounds like a good update especially the structure name changing! I shall attempt to find some bugs.

Reaction score
    my only problem so far is that i want to put turrets on my station, but it will not allow me to dock and says \"you cannot dock on another faction\" or somethinbg along that line.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    you need to make sure that your turrets have a faction module that is activated to your faction before they will dock.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    well, at least all hackers will now not be able to hack now!

DOWN WITH THE HACKERS!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    - improved memory scalability for bigger structures

this i like. will make using symetry mode alot better for larger ships :)

ofc everything else is badass. keep up the good work Schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Great job getting anti-griefer patch out so quickly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    structure names can contain spaces and can change their names, i have waited for this for a long time :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    structure names can contain spaces and can change their names, i have waited for this for a long time :)

Reaction score
    ...It probably will seeing as some people have a Star Destroyer,etc that has the core in the bridge but that want to move it somewhere else.Also with enough coding it actually will be possible and not a suggestion.

Reaction score
    Fantastic job! Only trouble is, I can\'t land any destroyed pirate ships onto the top of my salvager, for spare parts. But I suppose I could just change the name then change back to neutral. 24 Hrs is quick!

Reaction score
    I\'m super exited about being able to rename things and include spaces in those name.