StarMade Prebuild 0.09472

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

A new prebuild is out:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131114_062858.zip

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

Info about changes will be released tomorrow.

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    hey schema ever since youve lowered the power I\'ve had to modderfi all of my ships I\'m not saying that this is bs and I\'m gonna leave but could you just leave the power at one piont and possably add in diffent levels of it like the hull thx

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Most evident change I found:

The HUD diamond that represents the ship core no longer focuses on the core.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    In this picture we can obviously see that the diamond is not on the core.

In this picture, as we\'ve gotten closer, the diamond has moved in closer to the core.

I am now within three blocks of the core and the diamond appears to line up correctly.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    will there be proper monsters in the final build or are there only going to be those astronauts you can command?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    At least, none that have been implemented yet. Docking is bugged out again, might want to look into that. Any other changes are probably optimization and I\'m not going to try to sift through the obfuscated code.

If you see this, a search ability for factions would be neat.

Reaction score
    I like the improvements to the faction screen. Maybe it will be easier to sort through a list of 4500 factions. A search function would be ideal though. (Also, if we could search by the number that appears next to player names in TAB popup)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    There is no such number anymore... And this make me angry as an admin...

You really hate admins schema don\'t you?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I assume that he first has to fine tune the power before moving on to other blocks. Different tiers of blocks quite some people weren\'t fond of and power seems to be somewhat problematic element, especially in connection to supporting AMC arrays.

Reaction score
    Hey schema.

Please fix the Admintool and the Block Modifier Tool ...

Nullpointexeption ... Ok ... i can click all the time on \"Retry\" but is not solution.

Thank you.

Cheers

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    For example, A customiseable macro system. If the game detects a shield impact, it will activate all turret AI\'s and turn red lights on everywhere!

The ability to control the number of thrusters you can use, so you can have just enough to move for precise manuvauring or all for as much acceleration and speed you need.

The ability to set the amount of power a weapons system can drain, so setting the value lower than 100% will decrease power drainage, but also range, damage, speed and reloading. The phrase \"set weapons to maximum\" will mean more than \"I have selected it in the hot bar\"

this could provide an entire new level of complexity to the game, whilst not hindering the game for noobs.

Reaction score
    I already told him about this, and found a half fix, either use borderless window, or fullscreen on your monitor\'s native resolution. It minimizes but does not completely solve the issue.

Reaction score
    Is the diamonds apparent location seem to stay ahead of its velocity vector? Could it perhaps be a AMC shot tracking system that predicts the point at which you should fire? It could explain why the diamond gets closer to the actual craft as you move closer to it...