StarMade Prebuild 0.09439: weapon balance

Reaction score
    This was all assuming the 25% was of capacity. If it\'s of recharge, then there will be a significant difference and I\'ll need to redo it all. Gonna be a pain to do the diffeqs after relating the noncombat recharge to capacity.

Reaction score
    All you need to do is add splash damage to the amcs. Then they\'ll be perfectly balanced. ;]

Great job on the game so far

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Schema, I like the new DPS balance between shotguns and large cannons, but the test from the previous pre-builds is still in place. My main arrays now fire only twice per second and use far more power, while my super-shotguns still do massive amounts of damage. The new balancing system will work much better if larger cannons can fire faster. Right now, they are far less powerful than large arrays of single cannons.

TL;DR BIG GUNS NEED TO SHOOT FAST!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The fire rate of large AMCs was nerfed in a previous pre-build to test balance. With this new update, large cannons fire slowely and use more power. Schema may or may not remove the fire rate nerf. This pre-build affects large cannons just as much as it does shotguns.

Basically, Schema forgot to make big guns work again. Shotguns are even more OP than they were before.

Reaction score
    Yea, Starmade has been really unstable since the last release, maybe focus on that or at least include bug fixes with whatever else has been tweaked like weapons.

Reaction score
    Well I dont think that power will solve the problem...

K=1000 (dont ask me why I got used to it in metin)

a weapon with 10K blocks is at the limit of amc stats (it already is somewhere between 8K&9K).It has something around 25KDamage and a reload around 30.The problem is that its power consumption is FAR over 1 million.

Scattercannons costed and will cost a lot less... AND you wont have a stupid stat cap ruining your gun

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I would love to see a full version come out addressing the latest memory leak before you (schema) start attempting to balance the wepons. There are a bunch of bugs that have been plaguing servers currently that have not yet been addressed

Reaction score
    That looks like a good placeholder. However, if you are going to fix the AMC balance, you should finish the job, as you already began.

Reaction score
    Hey OrionDarkstorm here,

One of my biggest issues with more groups vs \"laser\" builds is the fact that a multi spread deals damage to alot of blocks at once. It seems to be able to pierce faster and more at a time.

The \"laser\" builds needs to be able to pierce just as well but it hits the same block multiple times instead. We need it to kill the block as soon as it registers it has taken fatal damage that way the laser patterns can burn through ships in a line.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since this update I\'ve had to redownload starmade. But now i cant find the folder to change maximum speed. help would be great please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i would like to see ramming mechanics and also it would be cool of you could make it so your ship is knocked arround when hit by projectiles