StarMade Prebuild 0.094 (+)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

I'm currently working on some other systems and redesigns while I'm still trying to remove the remaining causes of lag spikes and server crashes.

This prebuild can be used with the current release clients as nothing in the network communication system has changed. As always, please don't install a pre-build on a game server if you're not absolutely sure.

Get it here:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131008_234511.zip

(as always "dev" is user/pass. It will be installed to the test server: play.star-made.org:4242)

The version should fix 3 causes of crashes caused by running conditions when operations are done in sectors that just unloaded, but not everybody knows about it yet (e.g. Missiles, Objects in a queue to be added)

It also contains a vital change to the database which I will hope will take care of a lagspike (30sec to 1min+ of server not responding): The database library I'm using (hsqldb) had unlike other systems like innoDb table-locks in place as default. That means that in a writing operation, other threads cannot access a table. This has now be changed to "MVCC", and will hopefully improve performance and get rid of lag spikes.

I'm currently redesigning the segment (chunk) request system to be more efficient and adaptive to speed up loading of objects. After that I will start working on a big new feature. Balance will also be discussed soon.

Oh, and work on a redesign of the website as well as a new forum has began again (I know I said it was in work already, but it got deserted 3 times by people who offered their help unfortunately). Things there have gotten a lot more professional now. More info on it, and who is on the web-team soon.

cheers,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey schema on the test server if you load the apocalypse it shoots a ghost cannon with one of the computers and all the missles on one side shoot from there too. And I also wanted to know if you had a ETA on chain docking thanks!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Will this new segment loading prevent the bug where the game just gives up loading when connecting to a server? I have to fly out of my system, wait for it to unload, and fly back before anything will load 100% and even then I have to be close to a chunck before it loads.

Reaction score
    I think the most likely \"big new feature\" is jumpgates/hyperspace/FTL travel. Just my guess.

Reaction score
    Can\'t wait for the website changes. Hopefully will become zero tolorance to keep this place descent. One question though. Will their still be a server and support chat? Those helped me loads when I started.

Reaction score
    I can\'t wait to find out what this \"big new feature\" is! A new weapon? FTL travel? A new block? Perhaps a new factory mechanic? I\'m shaking from what ever it is!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could you please tell me, and some other people the equation of how much energy AMC\'s need progressively? (as well as the missing \'rate of fire\' equation for amc\'s)

Some of us could REALLY use that information with many, MANY builds. (Like the most efficient power over mass system ever created)

Reaction score
    Could you tell us what it might be?

Maybe it is liquid psysics for water/lava? That is pretty hard to code.

Reaction score
    Will the big feature be a rebalance of the weapons. The only viable offensive weapon is the AMC. Missiles are fun but they are no good against a PC.

Reaction score
    Hi, is there any chance you can add a feature to the forums to stop certain players from commenting? obviously this would only be useable by the original author of the page, the idea is to stop spammers/hatemail

Reaction score
    A Big Feature.. Sounds like dreams coming true. Whatever it is, I trust schema\'s taste so much that I\'m absolutely sure it will be 120% awesome!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    he try to make object come faster that mean he will try to do make a thing go fast MAYBE HYPERSPACE?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I honestly couldn\'t find a place to reach you, but if you need help with website designing, I can give you a hand.

Looks like a great project this game is and it\'ll be fun to help out

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I hope this big feature will be simple yet game changing...like random missions to earn credits, I feel like a derp raiding space stations with the 10x10x10 in singleplayer, the only point of singleplayer at this point is basically to cheat and build. Survival kinda sucks unless you\'re on servers.

Reaction score
    Glad to see optimization and bug fixes are still a top priority. I do like that you are focusing on chunk loading next.

Hey guys, remember when Schema was talking about oreo planets? I think that is going to be the new feature. I mean, planets are the biggest natural object in the Starmade Universe. Warp drives (and the like) are also a possibility. It could also be a major overhaul of the AI. Who knows? only Schema does.