StarMade Prebuild 0.093957: Docking area fix #2 (url fixed)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello.

Thanks to all who tested and pointed out what is still wrong. This new version finally feels like it's correct. Docking areas and docking size of ships finally correspond 1:1. I think I check every direction (up, down, rigtht, left, top, bottom) for orientation for both fixed as well as turret docking unless I skipped one by mistake, and they all seem to be working fine now. Hopefully this finally deals with all the old and new bugs with docking sizes and orientation.

download it at:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130913_155030.zip

(name and password "dev" as always)

Thank you for testing,

and thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    It takes some time to upload files, be patient just for 5 minutes.

Reaction score
    Can it really take like 30 minutes to upload a 60 megabyte (according to the size of previous dev build) file?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    use brain and you can find the file...

this is the correct link http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130913_155030.zip

Reaction score
    First impression - it is closer now, but docking areas still have to be bigger then before to dock equaly sized turrets

Reaction score
    Also, the blue boxes at failed docking attempt should really be alligned to ship\'s orientation

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is it possible that whatever was affecting docking depending on the direction faced is the same culprit in regards to the core exiting bug that sometimes still makes the character not spawn in front of the core but outside of the ship\'s hull depending on the ships orientation and angle?

Anyway, congratulations on getting closer to sorting this one out, Schema (docking area, as mentioned, still has to be slightly bigger, but it\'s a small issue now).

Reaction score
    First one! Looks like the width and heigth of the docking area re still calculated incorrectly, as I:

1. Took a turret

2.Tried to dock it to a dock that worked prior to 0.09395. It failed to dock.

3. Built a dock a bit larger than the turret in all directions

4.Tried to dock the turret

5.It failed AND the blue boxes were a lot smaller then the real(green) docking area

NOTE: i used a really large turret(4144 blocks)

Reaction score
    thats because you need to keep everything inside the boundaries of your green box now.

I made a cross and docked a turret to every side to test this out, i can dock a 7x7x7 box inside the default area and it works without complaint. The blue box is aproximately half a block shifted up on y-axis, but that isn\'t really a problem. Looks fixed and working. Thanks for fixing this.

Reaction score
    I dont get it. Do you mean this turret doesn\'t fit here(which is obviosly a mistake), or do i have to dock some special way now?

Reaction score
    tried to replicate it with a docking area on top of my ship from before the patch, turret dimensions 29z 27x 14y to a dock aprox 29z 27x 13y, failed to dock as supposed, added a enhancer in astronaut mode and manually connected but it worked fine.

Also, the fron turret dock is a bit angled in default position, but i think this is was like this prior patch:

Reaction score
    Wonder how many months/years till beta?

Anyway good luck with the latest fix, you\'re making great progress stabilising the game.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry about the url. Somehow the deploy gave me the wrong URL. Pleae confirm if your bugs are still happening with version 0.093957