StarMade Prebuild 0.09393: Batch of fixes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can you please look at the bug making blocks in advanced build mode invisible? It\'s about the only thing realy bothering me, cause i cannot build nothing half-decent placing block by block.

Ok.... i could but... yeah you know ;)

Reaction score
    Great job schema. So glad to see a dev so keen on fixing bugs first, and everything else second. Keep it up :)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Java 32bit automatically wraps long values (64bit), so they can be used no problems (and there are a lot of instances I\'m using them already).

The main problem with 64bit in this particular case is, that it\'s double the amount of data to be sent over the network. So what I\'m trying to do instead of raising the limit, is to cut everything down to a smaller range of credits, so it isn\'t necessary: Basically making each credit be worth more

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Ok thanks. That\'s the result of the redesign of doing the connect on the server first instead of the client. Someone probably had a computer selected and placed some hulls or something. I have to catch this exception as it\'s not an actual error. But the spam is ugly. I\'ll fix it.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Of course I did notice it, but as I don\'t have a computer with intek to test on I need Feedback. It\'s not a matter of if it gets fixed. Of course I will fix it, but I need the logs of what happens in your particular case. It does work on some other intel cards i could confirm. can you please send in a report of the crash and tell me the first letters of the email you used.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I would really like to fix this problem, but I have nothing to test this on. There is most likely something your graphics card doesn\'t like, and that will probably not show in the logs.

Can you try to hold F6 while in build mode. It checks openGL for errors (not used by default because a query takes synch type and therefore cripples the framerate).

If there was an error in OpenGL the game should immediately crash and you can send in a report.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I posted this on the 0.09392 news post, but seeing as that will probably no longer be watched as this is the latest build, i thought id post it here.

I have noticed that you can have 2 ships of the same name by creating 2 ships and then renaming them to the other, it doesnt seem to check for the name already existing. Not sure if this will cause problems but i would assume so with duplicate file names.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the attention!
    F6 did nothing but crippling my fps as you predicted.

The Log created is pretty generic as well, showing only that i have INTEL graphics that seem to be the problem in general.

Running on thread: ClientThread
    Adapter: igdumd64
    Driver Version: 8.15.10.2189
    Vendor: Intel
    OpenGL Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2189
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    GLSL Ver: 1.20 - Intel Build 8.15.10.2189

I´ve noticed something usefull tho:

The bug appears only if i have a block in my \"hand\" (selected) while entering adv. buildmode or if i select a block while in it. Entering adv. buildmode with an empty slot selected does NOT make it invisible. Also, the power block didn\'t do it, while the salvage cannon did. Maybe that makes finding the problem easier as it seems to be something about the mechanics of the rotatable blocks?

But what do i know.

Thanks again for your attention and trying to fix it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You shuoldd add robots and faster trave land teloprts on ships to get to point a to b to c on a ship. :)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is actually very good info. I can pinpoint the bug to the \"single block drawer\" which previews the block on the top right in adv build mode something in that draw routine is something the card doesn\'t like. I\'ll try to find the issu, and also add some settings for debug and switch off the preview.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    A little thing, but I still would like to ask for the sake of few of my projects: has there been any work done/planned on ship exiting bug and the fact that depending on angle the ship is tilted/rotated to the character can still spawn outside of it, unlike when the same ship is \'straight\' vertically and horizontally?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    yeah, we heard that before, many, many, MANY times :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I hope personally that we won\'t get those things. I mean, robots, maybe, but I\'d rather have big ships forcing multiple crewmembers instead of having everyone fly their personal leviathan as it is now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Glad i could help.

If you want me to test something, just tell me! (maybe somewhere else than here)

Greetz

Likkle

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    is anyone else having trouble with downloading this? when ever i try to install this the starmade.exe decides to install the old version