StarMade Prebuild 0.09393: Batch of fixes

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

another 14 hours of work later I can give you the newest prebuild. This version contains tons of bugfixes. I'm doing the best I can to reduce the amount of bugs everyday.

This version should be more stable than the last one. I redesigned the way usable blocks are placed so splitting of arrays and ghost arrays are hopefully a thing of the past, or at least almost. This also reduces the amount of data sent when placing lots of blocks.

Several other fixes (docking, sound, a few crash-bugs) have been done as well. Also I hope that the anti-hacking methods will no longer kill servers (apparently error messages have been spammed). I also I cleaned up the log a bit so it doesn't get spammed as much.

To test this version, download it from: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130903_202746.zip (user&pass both "dev")

Thanks for testing,

and thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    did you fix that? Because it\'s a bad thing. People suiciding and getting 1/3 credits for it. Like 1/3 of what they had before. so in no time flat they\'ll have money cap.

and that kinda breaks the economy

Reaction score
    Money problem is fixed! But can you make it optional for people to lose money after death?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Schema the credit loss MUST be in the server config. This can abused if someone gets camped or anything.

Reaction score
    Console getting spammed with

\"SERVER EXCEPTION IN SENDABLESEGMENT CONTROLLER

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException\"

No other info avaliable.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    have you sent in a log? if you did so, can you tell me the first few letters of the email you used, so I know what to look for

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sounds plausible. I\'ll add it. I probably also add a configurable timer for the punishment of death to take effect (e.g. getting killed only results in money loss after 10 minutes)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Since the games economy is fairly nonexistent, can you add an option in the config for the max money cap?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    most ofmy ship got deleted. even the core. bot there is still some left. but otherwise, i love your game Schema!!!!!!!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    thank you. I managed to find and fix the issue (for the next release)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Spammed in console.

http://pastebin.com/ESvFs1kz

Something to do with the anticheat I\'d assume

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My Intel Graphics drivers are most definately new. However, one of the recent changes seems to have made it so I can\'t run Starmade when I update it, no matter what I do. 1: Why hasn\'t this even been NOTICED yet, because a lot of people are posting things about it. 2: When can I expect this to be fixed, and 3: if it won\'t be fixed, will I never be able to play starmade online ever again because I am stuck using one of the oldest builds I have?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Very good to hear! Btw I\'ve been getting alot of reports of recipies crashing clients whenever they try to mvoe them in their inventory. Might be something to look into.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Fullscreen seems not to work for me or my friend. Whether I check the box before loading the game or in the options menu during the game, it just doesn\'t work. Sound adjustment also seems to be a bit buggy. Every time I open the game setup, the volume value is different and doesn\'t seem to change the volume when choosing a different sound level.

Reaction score
    2.14 billion is the largest single normal number.

If our money was held in scientific notation ( Floating point multiplied by 10 to a given power plus remainder ) The cap could be very very high. example: 9.734625 x 10 ^64 + 8 < This is a really really big number but can be stored in 4 bytes and a float.

Issue is storing money in Scientific notation would rquire some epic math skills. Yet once done would be epic.

Or you can make it easy on yourself and use a Long (The long data type is a 64-bit signed two\'s complement integer. It has a minimum value of -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 and a maximum value of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807) Yet I think longs only work in java 64-bit... Im not sure