StarMade Pre-Build 0.093991

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Man, making a pre-build really saved me a lot of trouble this time, because that's exactly what it is there for :)

Thank you for the feedback on the last pre-build. This new one is fixing the ones I was able to reproduce from your info.

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130929_164158.zip

(as always passwd/username is "dev". The file will be up about 15 min from this post)

Here is what has been fixed:

- fixed connection bug (came with new method of reading the stream)
    - fixed (older) bug where initial connection tranfer to client wasn't fully completed (structural bug)
    - fixed fast inventory switch with existing stacks
    - moved option to force write all open files after writing operation to server config (as it was only relevant for some OS)

The following is only for people having tried the last pre-build. If you only use the launcher to update, this does not apply to you:

for servers having used the last pre-build, please use your backup database from the last normal release as the missing block connections may have saved

As for lag spikes and crashes. Please send in your server logs (the reporting tool also works without gui with the -nogui parameter: 'java -jar CrashAndBugReport.jar -nogui [email protected] description of the bug i had').

Also for terminology for me to understand issues better, a crash is when either the client or the server are exiting because of it. A client freeze is when the graphics does not react anymore. A server freeze is when the server doesn't respond at all (indefinite lag spike), also connections are timed out.

I'll do my best to remove the remaining server issues as soon as possible!

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    *facepalm* no, its for the current test version, it so the bossman himself can see if there are any major flaws with the update to come

Reaction score
    Hey Schema, I absolutely love this game! But my shields (on all my ships) are never blue, just always red. Is there a setting that I need to change to fix that, or is it a bug? And if it is a bug, when do you think it will get fixed?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema, could you make it possible to change how much mass affects turn rate in server.cfg? It would be very appreciated.

Reaction score
    i doint think beta is coming just soon

theres still some amounts of features to be added and bugs will come along the way to beta

but doisnt mean where far away from beta just means were finishing last things till where near beta

Reaction score
    Just to clarify, this means if I caught some (dead, overheating) pirate ships in my docking bay, they would then be stuck in there, as if caught by gravity?

Also the way we\'re going and the way the dev is going, we\'ll be in beta pretty fast. He is burning through these bugs faster than most Katie Price marrages.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It means any ship that is undocked from a moving ship will inherit the same relative velocity as the ship it is undocking from.

I still feel this game has a while away from getting to Beta (don\'t get me wrong, I love this game and I\'ve even pre-purchased it). Schema is a one man army, and if he had a loyal team behind him this game could get places so much faster. This game has really amazing potential. It\'s a matter of when it reaches that potential, is the real question.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i think it would be better if we got a tractor beam block for that.

i could imagine that there would be a tractor beam computer with array blocks. the more array blocks you add the more mass the beam can pick up. in build mode you also can select a docking module so that the ship you tractor will dock to this port.

ships owned by the player or ships that hav overheated cores can be grabbed with no problem.

if you tractor a ship being piloted by a player then a dialogue box will show up saying \"X\'s ship, \"Y\", has hit you with a tractor beam. Would you like to dock to their ship?\". it would prevent players from using tractor beams to capture other players and give them no fighting chance in battles.

Reaction score
    What a shame, a whaleship would be great to capture enemy ships! Add some turrets to the inside, an insidious trap!

True, I get the feeling once he has enough cash, the dev might get a team going. Once then, we\'ll probably see a lot of good things hapening, and getting some stuff added from the \'planned features list\' I feel honoured to be part of the alpha of this great game.