StarMade passes Steam's Greenlight!

Reaction score
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1586674964466039347

Reaction score
    Yes, lets pour drinks on Schema!! ill bring the gatorade 5 gallon bucket

Reaction score
    You know what this means though, don\'t you? Hundreds upon hundreds of threads that just contain \'HWO I ENTR COAR?\' and \'WHY DON\'T WE ADD SUPER MEGA LASERS THAT BYPASS SHIELDS CALLED THE *threadposternamehere* 9000?!\'

Popularity can be a curse.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Eh, we\'ll deal with it. Most of the awesome people that are here now are here because of the Yogswarm. WE SHALL PREVAIL!

Reaction score
    People have to learn somehow.. though maybe the tutorial should be required ;)

Reaction score
    Actually, I found the game looking for another game I saw advertized on curse network, something about building a world with polygonal prisms instead of cubes (I forgot the name so I was using my search-fu). Saw this, thought it might be another minecraft knockoff but with an interesting premise, so I downloaded it.

Fell in love. Realized it might be a successful crossing between two of the best games of all time (minecraft and Eve online). realized it was highly moddable.

Now I am simply waiting for it to get to a stable enough state (and for someone to design a modloader) where I can start modding in non-cube \'flavor\' items. He has already broken with pure cubes (as noted by sloped blocks) and so non-cubicle items are distinctly moddable. (furniture, weapon block add-ons that look like gun barrels or missile tube, 1 for 2, 2 for 3, and 1 for 3 slopes and angles, decorative angled blocks, more types of glass and colored glass) as well as extended types of items that can only be created with blueprints (armor blocks with increased mass and armor rating, weapon blocks with altered special effects, better damage, better rates of fire, increased mass) and more ai options ( \'improved\' Bobbies that can read the catalog for a ship, and automatically replace missing or destroyed blocks, as well as using repair beams effectively, bobbies that can continue to work even while you are piloting, firing broadsides and rear-mounted weapons effectively)

And, of course, stuff to keep players happily occupied while you fly around in your carrier looking for reasons for them to board fighters and leave the safe confines of your ship.

I have PLANS. figuring it will be over a year before I get to start implementing them, though, since I don\'t want to be caught in another minecraft-style development cycle of constant updates just to make it work with the game.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Dire Badger, welcome to Starmade, glad you could join in our adventure.

Schema has said that mods will be a central part of Starmade, and will probably have the framework for htem ready during the beta.

Reaction score
    Thanks, I am a better artist than I am a modder :) I already made a homemade texture pack with a bunch of new blocks (for blocks config) decorative and armor items (you know, sloped computers for making a bridge, complete redesign for armors so that they look totally different from each other instead of just being recolors, surface detail blocks to make ships look more \'spaceshippy\', that kinda stuff) but I was very grumpy when I found out that people would have to OVERWRITE their existing game to use them :P Figure it\'s just a matter of time.

BTW, scaffolding looks AMAZING when you use it as ship framework... When I was building my missile frigate, I almost didn\'t want to cover the frame up with with armor because of how cool it looked.

This is not my texture pack, btw, I just added some stuff onto it for testing (mine is incomplete atm.)

an influx of new people will lead to a corresponding increase in quality third party content.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is so great! Congrats schema and thanks for all the hard work. What Im looking forward to the most is connection optimizations. Seems every time im in a battle everyone is teleporting around, shots not registering etc. Still I cant stay away absolutely love the game its coming along great!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Congrats on the Greelight... um... greenlight.

I\'m partially guilty of finding the game on greenlight. I had actually looked at it a few months ago but didn\'t have time to mess with it. Then when I saw it on Greenlight I was reminded that I had meant to check it out.