StarMade logic Computer

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    next gen. starmade computer (3% done),currently you can only write on it,with single press of button..letter appears,no need for manual writing,1button=1letter=15bits of ram ,this computer will have 1024bits of ram,also working on USB port (to connect calculator),and you can watch 8bit movies (30-60sec long) on this one :) ,i will make 5 default movies,but you can program your own later,also if you do something wrong,there is a master reset button (sets all to starting values),error messages will be displayed if you do minor error(just deactivate the last button you pressed),1 pixel=1bit ram,what can i say.. :)

when i started working on it,one problem appeared,you cant connect multiple activation blocks to one plex door,but i figured.. i tied each pixel(1plex door) to one bit of ram,so lets say letter "G" activates predestined set of rambits that are tied to pixels that make letter "G" appear on screen,you can deactivate that letter simply by pressing that button again,but if you already wrote all over the screen...the screen reset button deactivates only those ram bits that are active.. so that the plex doors that are not active dont replace the active ones..

if you look at the picture above..you can see that on the screen there are 2 rows of 10 plex (5x3)doors...
    each (5x3) plex door that represents one letter is tied to 15 bits of ram(those big chunks behind the screen on the left)

EDIT* you can play 8bit arcade game called "asteroid evasion" ..where 1 pixel asteroids fly towards your ship from right to left,and your ship can go up or down to evade asteroids

and i will explain how 8bit movies work here when i finish one of them :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I was just waiting for someone to make this.
    Good luck and have fun building it:D

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    EDIT* you can also play 8bit arcade game called "asteroid evasion" ..where 1 pixel asteroids fly towards your ship from right to left,and your ship can go up or down to evade asteroids

Reaction score
    EDIT* you can also play 8bit arcade game called "asteroid evasion" ..where 1 pixel asteroids fly towards your ship from right to left,and your ship can go up or down to evade asteroids
    Having seen your ships, I think you'll be building an AMD FX8350 soon!

(I would have said an intel core i7, but Starmade has problems with some intel GPUs) :p

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Having seen your ships, I think you'll be building an AMD FX8350 soon!

(I would have said an intel core i7, but Starmade has problems with some intel GPUs) :p
    hahahaha soon :D
    well,when i finish this one,with all these features.. i might try to build a proper computer,like..real one,with some sorts of advanced software ,512 megabites ram,1gig memory,motherboard,etc.. :D

and if you think this is a joke,noup.. :D im just crazy like that,
    but when copy paste is fixed,that wont be hard,because currently you cant copy paste active logic blocks

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    when i started working on it,one problem appeared,you cant connect multiple activation blocks to one plex door,
    And this ladies and gentlemen is exactly what the OR gate is for :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    [QUOTE="tenk11kamikaza, post: 28555, member: 256705"
    when i started working on it,one problem appeared,you cant connect multiple activation blocks to one plex door,

yeah,but like this you can save and erase bits,and connect 25 letters to each 15x3 area,all while connecting usb port to screen,and making my arcade game possible,yeah..its 100times more complicated but you can do much more with this system :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That is utterly fantastic! A computer... within a computer *mind blown* :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I said this in minecraft I'll say it here I won't be happy till it runs linux..... xD

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This is amazing! It reminds me of those computers people used to build in minecraft that let someone play a very crappy version of minecraft using a redstone torch based screen. This is way better, though.

Speaking of which, is it just me, or does no one build computers in minecraft anymore?

Reaction score
    Brilliance, I knew you'd do it. Requesting Youtube video, and maybe snake :p

Also, this is the first step towards Starmade in Starmade...

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Brilliance, I knew you'd do it. Requesting Youtube video, and maybe snake :p

Also, this is the first step towards Starmade in Starmade...
    snake game might be possible :D i will have to think hard,but you never know.
    i will soon make a video about it,today i think

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So your computer is 8-bit?
    I tried to make a 16-bit processor but it just crashes the game from lag which leads me to believe that your "computer" isn't really using a processor. You said you can read/write memory but do you have an ALU?

It seems like people are getting too excited over this. It doesn't qualify as a computer unless it can actually run computations (and for that it needs memory, a clock and an ALU). A four year old can hook up some settable memory to a display.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    So your computer is 8-bit?
    I tried to make a 16-bit processor but it just crashes the game from lag which leads me to believe that your "computer" isn't really using a processor. You said you can read/write memory but do you have an ALU?

It seems like people are getting too excited over this. It doesn't qualify as a computer unless it can actually run computations (and for that it needs memory, a clock and an ALU). A four year old can hook up some settable memory to a display.
    it will indeed have all computer parts,just waiting for copy/paste fix (you cant copy paste active logic now) so i can build big processors and memory. :D
    i plan to expand all parts on this thing many times in the future,my main goal is 32-bit godness

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    it will indeed have all computer parts,just waiting for copy/paste fix (you cant copy paste active logic now) so i can build big processors and memory. :D
    i plan to expand all parts on this thing many times in the future,my main goal is 32-bit godness
    Yeah I can't wait until copy and paste preserves connections. Btw, logic will need to be optimized a ton before processors will be viable...
    Have you noticed the other issue with logic where it takes ages for the connections to load? I have to wait 30 minutes for my 16-bit registers to start working.