StarMade LIVE @ Twitchcon

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I believe that today Arstotzkan ship design was confirmed for BEST design
    Someone called it Tarstotzkan earlier. I believe they were right because the two build styles worked together better than I had expected.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Excellent stream guys! can't wait to see them Space Whales in game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please make sure Ethan gets onto the final edit!
    That kid was awesome! :p

Reaction score
    SPACE WHALE CONFIRMED
    whale is currently set to be 30m long
    30 m? They better tack another zero onto that... I mean seriously... space whales need to be spacious...

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Congrats guys, from what I could see it looked like a great event for StarMade and caught a lot of people's interest. Thanks for taking the time, it was really nice to meet y'all. Hope you all enjoy the party and have safe journeys home!

I'm the one not in a StarMade t-shirt (duh). Not much of a photographer; hey it's my first selfie. First tweet. First game (related) convention. First time meeting Schine-ites. First time wearing this [Blake's 7!] shirt. Big day for me.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When is the next convention that the starmade team will be coming to in California?

I, uh, kinda completely forgot it was this week and didnt come.

Even though I could have easily.

I'm sad now

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The server they're using is insane, I think that it has an Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 (18 motherf***** cores) and 64GB of ram. It was stable even with my titan and all its turrets firing at other capital ships.

Smoothest combat I've had in a long time. I suspect that the recent optimizations help with that.
    So what you're saying is they probably could open it up. I mean, the builders there are good, and some great stuff is getting shown off, but the community is a lot larger than that, and the rest of us have some cool and different stuff to get people interested.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Someone called it Tarstotzkan earlier. I believe they were right because the two build styles worked together better than I had expected.
    That'd be me. Tartstotzka best country.

Reaction score
    30 m? They better tack another zero onto that
    That's waaay too big. Largest RL whale is 30m. 10, 20m longer maybe. But an organism >200m floating in space should be rare IMO

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That's waaay too big. Largest RL whale is 30m. 10, 20m longer maybe. But an organism >200m floating in space should be rare IMO
    Could it be an option in the server config then :?
    Building a ship a few hundred meteres long isnt that hard....... I want this thing to be able to EAT my ship : )
    Varrible sizes would be cool, they could also have a high chance of spawning near wormholes or the such :?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Whales are able to grow to 30 meters because water supports their mass relatively well through buoyancy.

Space whales, living in vacuums, are not limited by such silly things as 'structural integrity' and 'needing to support their mass somehow', so the species could very easily just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Congrats guys, from what I could see it looked like a great event for StarMade and caught a lot of people's interest. Thanks for taking the time, it was really nice to meet y'all. Hope you all enjoy the party and have safe journeys home!

I'm the one not in a StarMade t-shirt (duh). Not much of a photographer; hey it's my first selfie. First tweet. First game (related) convention. First time meeting Schine-ites. First time wearing this [Blake's 7!] shirt. Big day for me.

You wouldn't happen to be a retired Air force colonel, would you?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

Sir that is a magnificent moustache.