starmade launcher doesnt startup

Reaction score
    To put it short, I double click the launcher icon and nothing happens.

I tried to redownload the launcher, at first it worked, but then after updating it downloaded an invalid or corrupt starmade.jar. So I deleted everything and redid the whole process. But this time the launcher wont start at all.

the starmade system checker gives me this
    Starmade System Checker Report
    20/06/2015
    16:26:09.19

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 8.1 64-bit ....PASS
    Processor: n/a
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 ....PASS
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS

Well I have no idea why it doesnt detect my processor but I have an AMD athlon x4 860k processor.

I recently bought a new pc. however when I first got it, it had a minor bios problem. the motherboard and processor bios where different or incompatible (or something like that). after going back to the shop they did some magic and it worked fine afterwards. So I dont take that is the problem.

The motherboard for that matter is an MSI a88xm gaming

Starmade always ran fine, apart from the crashing when trying to take a picture.

I hope this is enough information to get to the bottom of the problem. and if not, I would be happy to provide more information.

Yours sincerly,
    Remlly

Reaction score
    • Tester
    make sure there isnt a Java.exe process still running by taking a look into the taskmanager.
    are there Log files of the crashed session beein g generated ? (that would be in starmade/logs with starmade beeing the install folder)

Reaction score
    make sure there isnt a Java.exe process still running by taking a look into the taskmanager.
    are there Log files of the crashed session beein g generated ? (that would be in starmade/logs with starmade beeing the install folder)
    There is no java process starting and since I dont have a starmade install at all there is no error report.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434905870,1434903232][/DOUBLEPOST]so, apperently, downloading and installing through steam works, but I doesnt work when I try to download it from here... Very weird...
    It seems to work fine now.