StarMade JVM crash on loading

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I load the started and it seems to work fine, but when I click ok it goes to a black screen for a second and then crashes. There are similar forums on this site but none of them have helped me. I have updated to the latest version, I have updated my graphics card, i have tried reinstalling java and the starter, i have tried to turn off the procedural background and yet it still isnt working. I currently have windows 8.1 on an acer computer, if that means anything. Below is the crash report:

#
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000012d9abf8, pid=1824, tid=6520
    #
    # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_45-b18) (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [ig75icd64.dll+0x5abf8]
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

I have searched for hours and have tried many solutions. Please help if you can, thanks.

Reaction score
    I\'m having a similar problem with the new version. I can start the launcher, get to the settings page, and then begin to load the game. The loading percentage at the top left of the screen gets to 100% and then the game quits working. I\'ve also uninstalled/reinstalled Java. I get the same fatal error notification as well as a message saying \"Illegal Exception Error.\" I hope this gets fixed.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    As first guess:
    Update java

Second guess:
    http://star-made.org/content/how-report-bug
    \'predictable state\' not fullfilled.

In any case, this needs more information, since this only states the javaVM cant handle the stuff passed over to it.

- Andy