Starmade just got 0wned...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh true enough. I do hope they style them differently though. Wouldn't be in good taste if you ask me.
    Nah, i'm sure he'll export the voxel data and import it into Skywanderers and call it a day

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Procedurally animated stars (not just a sprite hanging in space)
    It would take Schema literally 5 minutes to make the planet core entities spawn in the same location as stars and give stars a model. There's no reason to because if you're close enough to see that stars aren't actually models in the current game you would already be dead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would take Schema literally 5 minutes to make the planet core entities spawn in the same location as stars and give stars a model. There's no reason to because if you're close enough to see that stars aren't actually models in the current game you would already be dead.
    Starmade isn't exactly modeled after a realistic scale. Real stars are huge, and although you wouldn't be able to see the surface unless you had thick enough sunglasses, they(most of them) are more detailed than just a simple sphere of burning brightness. Being able to see the details of the star clearly is in my opinion a lot more interesting than being overwhelmed by bloom and lensflare when you look in its general direction.

In Skywanderers it makes sense for the star to be modeled to be pretty since the first thing you see jumping into a system is the star, Elite Dangerous style. Yeah, he's ripping off E:D a lot.

(Also you don't need to travel to the starmade star or even look at it closer to realize that it's a 2D sprite)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    But I don't care about the sun being a 2D sprite or a model. I prefer that Schema add more useful things before. And I'm sure you too. ;)

Anyone coming in a Early Access game expecting a fully polished and finished game is a little bit idiot or misinformed. It's a chance SM is enjoyable in Alpha.
    By definition, polishing and graphic improvements are in beta stage, same for an API (modding is useless if you have to change everything at each update).

So there's no point arguing. One can simply enjoy both games. And sometimes prefer the original one, think about Ace of Spades, actually there's more people playing the old free 0.75 version (even if there's tons of cheaters) than the fagex 1.0 version.