StarMade Help Center

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Greetings Octopi!

With the work of wedtm we now have a StarMade Support Center!

The StarMade Support Center will host some frequently asked questions and allow you to send questions for us to review and answer. These questions & answers will be available for everyone to see, so we don't have to keep answering the same questions, and you don't have to keep asking them.

There is also an article system available which has content that is valuable to new players and old players of StarMade, this will host FAQ and information that you may not have known.

The help center can be found here: http://help.star-made.org/

And you can email support questions about the game, registry and websites here: [email protected]

Thanks for playing StarMade!

- SM Team

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    this makes me wand play octodad ^^

seriously nice system now only need to wait for the chat :eek:

Reaction score
    Is this also supposed to be used as the wiki, or will that be a separate system?

Reaction score
    Greetings Octopi!
    Actually, the word "octopi" is a false etymology. Octopi would be correct if the word came to English through Latin, but octopus came to English through Greek. Therefore you would use the Greek plural, which would make it "octopodes". Since most people would recognize and understand the Latin plural but not understand the Greek plural, it makes the most sense in English to simply use the English plural, which would be "octopuses".

Thus, saying "octopi" is actually ignorant in three languages simultaneously. :)

I'm Lord-King of Atlantis (the Greek mythical one, not of Stargate) and my favorite animals are cephalopods, such as octopuses and squid, so this is kinda my thing.

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score
    Actually, the word "octopi" is a false etymology. Octopi would be correct if the word came to English through Latin, but octopus came to English through Greek. Therefore you would use the Greek plural, which would make it "octopodes". Since most people would recognize and understand the Latin plural but not understand the Greek plural, it makes the most sense in English to simply use the English plural, which would be "octopuses".
    Reminds me of a sketch show on TV: 'I always get my pussies and my pies mixed up'

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine

Thus, saying "octopi" is actually ignorant in three languages simultaneously. :).
    It's English, it is not suppose to be logical.

Plus this isn't Atlantis, this is my domain, so I can call them whatever I want.

Reaction score
    For the help section, I think there should be a few large buttons with common problems written on them, and then a structured system which draws information out, and takes the user to a list of recommended solutions.

So the user goes to starmade help, sees a big button that says, "I can't play starmade", then they choose between "I can't open starmade-starter.exe", "I press start game but nothing happens", "I press start game, go to the next page, press ok, and nothing happens.", "The game loads to 100% then exits"

Having helped lots of people with this problem in chat, I have stopped, because it is so time consuming getting them to explain their problem. If "ask starmade chat" is one of the solutions at the end, it should display the choices they have made in the help section.

Reaction score
    Greetings Octopi!

With the work of wedtm we now have a StarMade Support Center!

The StarMade Support Center will host some frequently asked questions and allow you to send questions for us to review and answer. These questions & answers will be available for everyone to see, so we don't have to keep answering the same questions, and you don't have to keep asking them.

There is also an article system available which has content that is valuable to new players and old players of StarMade, this will host FAQ and information that you may not have known.

The help center can be found here: http://help.star-made.org/

And you can email support questions about the game, registry and websites here: [email protected]

Thanks for playing StarMade!

- SM Team
    Hey I am not able to purchase Starmade because it says my credit card is denied can anyone help me? (I'm using a gift card)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Can someone PLEASE explain why he said greetings octopi??!?!?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Uh, how am I (or any confused newbie for that matter) supposed to get to the help center?