StarMade: Game News

Reaction score
    Yes I agree that the greif-protection idea is good, but as we know there will be non-payers whining about not being able to join a server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, chain docking would be an appreciated feature.... a mothership which has multiple turrets on it cannot currently be docked at the faction base station (without first removing all of its turrets)

Reaction score
    The ability to IP Ban would also be pretty good, then they wouldn\'t be able to join back. (Unless they change their external ip, then is it possible to ban Internal IP?)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey Schema, love the game. I have been playing it constantly, and i think it has the potential to be the new minecraft. However, i would hate it if you charged for using servers. Instead, cant you let the servers block IPs from using the game at all for a few weeks? I think this will be a much more effecient way of resisting griefers.

Thalex

Reaction score
    There is already IP banning in the game, but it\'s rather easy to change your IP, and even banning an IP range wont always work due to proxies/tunneling.
    You can\'t ban internal IPs due to the fact the server never find them out(not to mention they\'re changed much easier than external)

Some sort of hardware ban would be the best.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    IP banning is already available, but rarely holds back people. Most people have dynamic IP anyway (changing IP every day)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i support the anti-grief thing you said above, if a player DOESNT want it, then just turn it off really... that simple.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think that idea about safety play without griefers and hackers will be good... but :d i dont want to pay for it
    (of course) I live in Georgia its not very rich country but 6$ here is not so big price for that kind of game,
    its 10 GEL of my country vault and hmm i can buy for that price 10 bottles of beer ( 1 liter one bottle )
    AND I THINC THAT IDEA IS GOOD, BUT but => i also think that the best secure will be when game will be on one server like eve online, with rules, good admins...and of course it needs a lot of money (if i remember right it took 2.9 milion dollars) , hmm i think that 20 000 free slots will be enough .... think about that Schema, Think about collective battles in the style of sandbox.... Think Deeper.
    thx for reading.

-- Dato

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think you should give the option to only allow buyers in, ive noticed the only greifers are those who havnt bought the game. its kinda like the free version of minecraft, pack full of greifers.

Reaction score
    free loaders whining?? who gives a shit?

they can still start their own server on their own machine for them and their freeloader friends.

Reaction score
    obviously you cannont read. OPTIONAL pay only servers.

As in, a sever admin has to CHANGE THE CONFIGURATION, to be PAY ONLY.

It would by no means be DEFAULT. Learn to read... also buy the game. Everyone worth anything pays for things they like.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to the option to prohibit non-paid players from joining, but also the option just to prohibit non-registered/non-authenticated players from joining. I haven\'t had too many people who\'ve needed banning lately, but I know in the past they just added a letter to their name or reset their modem to avoid the ban-hammer. Making them have to reregister with a new email and reverify and all that stuff might slow them down a bit, I\'m not sure if the current system does that yet or not.

The free-prohibition option might help keep honest players honest, but I would like to think that factions and blueprints also help tremedously with that, for anyone who puts a lot of work into entities.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes, my example was a bit, extreme, but some people would still try that or similar. There always is :)

But still, backdoor admin features, maybe Schema already added them and uses them himself :O

Reaction score
    Good to hear that you are focusing on bugfixing and stability first, because these issues really need fixing, really looking forward to the next update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    btw is there any chance to get a \"Char\" inventory , to equip yourself - i mean it will be great for multiplayer if u drive a ship with more ppls to invade another ships , maybe a \"Armour\" or laserguns like starwars. or for exploring a planet with maybe lil bit AI like aliens , or bandits it increase the memory use but i think this will be rly cool.

Reaction score
    they really aren\'t, i do it on a regular basis. not to mention there are more and more hardware id changers coming out for the less computer-smart, so even complete newbies could bypass these bans if they really want to.

you can also just install a virtual machine and have completely different and incredibly easily changable hardware identification.