Starmade Forge - Starmade comes to Mobile!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    This is a great project totally appreciated! Eager to see the first release candidates. Will it be availabe for iphones?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This is a great project totally appreciated! Eager to see the first release candidates. Will it be availabe for iphones?
    It shouldn't be hard to build or modify for iPhones, but the problem is I do not own a Mac, and to develop for iOS, Apple only supports building iPhone apps on Apple hardware.... Its built it unity so I should be able to easily target iOS though.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It shouldn't be hard to build or modify for iPhones, but the problem is I do not own a Mac, and to develop for iOS, Apple only supports building iPhone apps on Apple hardware.... Its built it unity so I should be able to easily target iOS though.
    i kinda know it is a bit tricky with apple that's why i asked.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wouldn't even want the full game in an app, I'd love to just have build mode.

No asteroids, no physics, no AI, no fancy lighting. Just straight up "Here's a core and creative mode build. Over here is the export button that will let you email the blueprint to yourself."

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    count me in when it's ready to use nightrune! this would be great for work breaks and just relaxing checking out blueprints!:D
    [doublepost=1468171529,1468170277][/doublepost]another good app would be to doodle with player skins that can be downloaded and used. m2c

Reactions: nightrune

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    count me in when it's ready to use nightrune! this would be great for work breaks and just relaxing checking out blueprints!:D
    Actually yeah, I'd be willing to help test.

I've done 3d rendering app testing before (I was a tester for my favorite 3D modelling software's app), and I happen to run on Android now.

Reactions: nightrune

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Think it will be compatible with raspberry pi?
    Not particularly sure, If unity runs on it, it should be fine. I'm not sure if I'll release a desktop (Win/*nix) version or not. I think there are others working on build tools for that. I'm trying to keep my scope reasonable so I can finish it.

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    this app will make starmade great again (even if it already great)

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    if its available for iphone i can test
    iPhone support is gonna be a bit. I don't own any Apple products so I can't build for the Apple store or test on an iPhone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    iPhone support is gonna be a bit. I don't own any Apple products so I can't build for the Apple store or test on an iPhone.
    that's too bad I own a crapple phone (for now),maybe you have a buddy close by who could owns a crapple to help out?

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    that's too bad I own a crapple phone (for now),maybe you have a buddy close by who could owns a crapple to help out?
    I've actually got to own a MacBook to develop for Apple... There dev tools only work on OSX unlike all the Android tools.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    We'll see. My imagination is running wild but I have lots of mundane and boring crap to work out first. I really think that controls are going to be my biggest hurdle, and after I work the kinks out of just rendering I'll get started on that.
    A thought on controls you could look at mobile minecraft's control. Optionally you could tie motion control into the view angle.

Good luck

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    A thought on controls you could look at mobile minecraft's control. Optionally you could tie motion control into the view angle.

Good luck
    Thanks for the idea. I have played with mobile minecraft's controls. I don't really like them though. Granted I'm not gonna get as good controls as the PC, but I have a few ideas. As far as motion controls those would be non essential controls likely. Since its hard to make sure you are in a correct orientation on a bus/in bed/other places you might try to quick wipe out a ship shape.