Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    SFNN
    Starmade Faction News Network

Bringing you the most reliable and engaging news so you always know whats happening!!!

WHY WE WERE MADE:

I have been thinking of this for a while actually. I started thinking of it shortly after the post Ridik made claiming that the Lazarus Imperium was gone and he was taking in "Refugees". It was clear that it caused lots of trouble and hatred eventually leading into the war I dub The Odium/Athanatos War. I believe if one could have a reliable unaffiliated source that could provide with the latest faction news it could prevent much of the flame wars and hatred caused in the past. I have decided to contact Thadius to make a website in return I will feature big news about his faction even though it is not a major player.

UNAFFILIATED? YOU JOINED DFN?

It is true I did join DFN but I was on lots of trips at the time and never got on a server with DFN. I honestly joined them because I like building with a team on a cool project and DFN was and I believe is still building a ship called The Euphrates.

HOW WILL THIS WORK?

Until Thadius can create my website as he told me he already has other requests ahead of me I will simply post News here. I will only post the biggest stories from the biggest factions though until that website is done. Currently I am hoping that the factions will actually send me news themselves and all I will have to do is check it myself not have to dredge it up by myself though I will if I need to. I will also eventually hire reporters to help me. There will be levels to the reporter system and punishments. Especially if you make up stories or twist them. We are here solely to provide reliable trustworthy news. There will be no flame wars here or news posted by faction members. I will be the only one to post news here right now and should someone post news our create a flame war I shall have the post deleted by a moderator.

So now down to business.

The biggest news today related to factions that impacts anything has been around for several days so I will just post it here real quick. Should any faction have news they want to share to the public simply PM me or send me an Email at [email protected]

NEWS #1
    DFN DECLARES VICTORY OVER ODIUM

The DFN declared victory over Odium on April 9th at approximately 8:53PM This is the official post made by Flying Debris
    Hello all,

I am proud to announce a victory over the Odium Pact, on the part of us Athanatos factions.

Event Horizon is in shambles, Vaygr is combat ineffective, and dropping members like flies, the Tartaran Empire left the pact after losing a great deal of members due to the decision, and Euro-Corp has failed to harm us at all.

Long live the DFN, Long live Athanatos!
    It has been challenged by a former member of the Vaygr a main faction in Odium. However it is the opinion of The SFNN that the claim is legitimate and correct.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I support this idea considerably

Reaction score
    just a heads up, dunno is slang for "Don't Know". so you can't say "I dunno know".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    However it is the opinion of The SFNN that the claim is legitimate and correct.
    Should SFNN have an opinion, or should it just be listing the facts and POIs objectively and fully?

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've wanted to see a news network around for a while now. Good on you for starting one up.

Also, production of the Euphrates has been momentarily stalled, because SOMEBODY won't update Saturn... *cough cough @XxDanClarke96xX *

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Should SFNN have an opinion, or should it just be listing the facts and POIs objectively and fully?
    hindos we both know what this is and who it supports. It will most likely be opinion with supporting facts that will server the faction or alliance that the SFNN supports. I don't think the DFN can effectively and honestly tell the truth.. I mean report the news.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    hindos we both know what this is and who it supports. It will most likely be opinion with supporting facts that will server the faction or alliance that the SFNN supports. I don't think the DFN can effectively and honestly tell the truth.. I mean report the news.
    The Hilarious part is this is the second New reporter to come from DFN - 3- and is just as biased as the first. I personally wouldn't believe any faction "news" that claims to be unbiased when the reporter is part of a faction like DFN. Maybe I would support it if it was someone I feel wouldnt just parrot what they were told, like Comr4de, or Miraak. They might be interesting to listen to.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The Hilarious part is this is the second New reporter to come from DFN - 3- and is just as biased as the first. I personally wouldn't believe any faction "news" that claims to be unbiased when the reporter is part of a faction like DFN. Maybe I would support it if it was someone I feel wouldnt just parrot what they were told, like Comr4de, or Miraak. They might be interesting to listen to.
    Tao I agree, to me it would be another subfaction of the DFN, much like the DFMC. Claru would so be a good choice. But if a "faction new" thing is to come about and be creditable there must be trust established. It is easy to take one side if it is the side that speaks the loudest, but it can drown out the voices that can't be heard and must be heard.

Reactions: CyberTao

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Tao I agree, to me it would be another subfaction of the DFN, much like the DFMC. Claru would so be a good choice. But if a "faction new" thing is to come about and be creditable there must be trust established. It is easy to take one side if it is the side that speaks the loudest, but it can drown out the voices that can't be heard and must be heard.
    Or since it would be difficult to establish trust/truth, we could have a few members in the news, all from different sides of factions, leaders, members, enemies and friends all joining together.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Or since it would be difficult to establish trust/truth, we could have a few members in the news, all from different sides of factions, leaders, members, enemies and friends all joining together.
    Jaas I was just thinking if that same idea. To keep it simple, one member from each faction, no leaders, and each reporter must be a their party. As in if they are going to report on news then they must not be apart of the faction or friends with the factions that they are reporting on. Facts are gathered and presented for both sides, so pics and documentation are important. I am not opposed to a news source if don't correctly and all sides are represented correctly.

Reactions: z1967 and Jaaskinal

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like that idea. Get people from all over, the media would (for the most part) lose any potential bias.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Curiously enough I didn't, since I know next to nothing about the comings and goings of the factions.

As for getting "people from all over" that sounds like a good idea, but to be unbiased on the whole one would need to read the perspectives of each and have them neutralize one another.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Curiously enough I didn't, since I know next to nothing about the comings and goings of the factions.

As for getting "people from all over" that sounds like a good idea, but to be unbiased on the whole one would need to read the perspectives of each and have them neutralize one another.
    Or we could have each one biased, as a whole you get to see everyones opinion, and individually, you can express the desires of your faction and those close to you.

Reactions: Claru
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Or we could have each one biased, as a whole you get to see everyones opinion, and individually, you can express the desires of your faction and those close to you.
    then that isn't news but a competition to see how many people you can get on your side to agree with you. Simply having a majority agree doesn't make it right or another side validated by way of popular vote. Your idea would create multiple stories that can result in a firestorm and cause more chaos than it should. Who is to stop outside parties from creating there own versions to benefit their factions it them personally. There can and should be more news outlets but not that. Hell if the mods think its a good idea we could ask for a factions news thread with a mod in charge of official postings of said news. I'm sure it would be read alot.

Reactions: Claru

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    then that isn't news but a competition to see how many people you can get on your side to agree with you. Simply having a majority agree doesn't make it right or another side validated by way of popular vote. Your idea would create multiple stories that can result in a firestorm and cause more chaos than it should. Who is to stop outside parties from creating there own versions to benefit their factions it them personally. There can and should be more news outlets but not that. Hell if the mods think its a good idea we could ask for a factions news thread with a mod in charge of official postings of said news. I'm sure it would be read alot.
    This is why we should be careful when deciding who we listen to, you should listen to a few, but not so many that you can not keep track. You also have to be careful what you believe, if Euro-corp made the news, I would be skeptical of anything they said and would check it against other sources.
    As for the mods, the news then might travel a bit slower and be without news from smaller factions. Knowing what the small factions think about the actions of large factions might be rather beneficial. While alone they don't have the power to really change anything about how the major factions play, one could eventually rise and being able to see their opinions and ideas about different actions before they come to power could get people to know them and help them.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Euro corp had some good news, lol anyways the news won't be done by mods, simply posted by one in the thread thus controlling and limiting posts so not to fill it will to much posts about a particular faction or focused news son a certain subject. All factions should be focused on, not just large factions, it will be harder for smaller factions to be reported on and it possibly won't get that much attention because of the smaller audience that they would attract. Not everything will be news as well, it must meet a certain threshold in order for it to be worthy to be posted and the size and such of a faction should not be a factor

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So i am reading this and this is what I get.

You want each faction to have a member join SFNN as a reporter?
    You want them to report on their own faction?
    So who is to prevent embellishment? Warprider?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    thadius well this us what I said To keep it simple, one member from each faction, no leaders, and each reporter must be a their party. As in if they are going to report on news then they must not be apart of the faction or friends with the factions that they are reporting on. A third party is what it is called. Embellishment can be prevented by having each reporter review and evaluate each piece that is made, and so to be published it must be factual and represent the news faction network well. Or you can have one person approve or decline pieces. Warprider is cool, but I would prefer someone mature and older perhaps.