Do you think this is a good idea?

• I dunno know. What is a faction?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As I said before I am not taking reporters at this time. For now it is me and for a long while it will remain me.

As far as biased goes I am unbiased. The first news is DFNs declaration simply because its the only news at this time that impacts alot. I will remain unbiased and as far as one side making all the news I have specified that each Major faction will have its own separate page on the website. If you want to have a full page and make news then your faction has to do things newsworthy. The smaller factions will be put on one page and until they become a major player they wont get their own page. Only exception to this is Caldera Empire since Thad is making the website. It will have a sub page on the smaller factions news page.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As far as biased goes I am unbiased. The first news is DFNs declaration simply because its the only news at this time that impacts alot.
    Sorry, but you either are biased, or you did not convey the message you wanted to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I dislike draws and the statistics show that despite the fact that Athanatos Factions did not destroy much they did do more damage than Odium factions. Thus I declared that DFN's claim to victory is fair and correct.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As I said before I am not taking reporters at this time. For now it is me and for a long while it will remain me.

As far as biased goes I am unbiased. The first news is DFNs declaration simply because its the only news at this time that impacts alot. I will remain unbiased and as far as one side making all the news I have specified that each Major faction will have its own separate page on the website. If you want to have a full page and make news then your faction has to do things newsworthy. The smaller factions will be put on one page and until they become a major player they wont get their own page. Only exception to this is Caldera Empire since Thad is making the website. It will have a sub page on the smaller factions news page.
    Firstly, the DFN declaration doesnt affect anything more then the DFN itself, and is Very Improper; Seeing as the DFN was merely a supporting force (The War was at its core, Laz vs EH), and included factions that had yet to even be actively involved in the war. If it was Properly Presented and did not Contain Misleading Statements (only 1 of those claims is even viable I find), and the Victory was first announced on the Laz Page (since they were the primary involved Faction of that side), THEN I could consider it Viable. As it stands, it is merely extremely Vague Propaganda - 3-

That Claim was Contested by more then me, and even Claru (Not to pull VT into this) Shook her head, and is not actually supported by any facts that I am aware of.

Secondly; You have just expressed Favoritism and Bias-ness by stating that "Minor" factions will all be put on 1 page, where as Thadius's will not, because he made you a site. Whats more, how do you even Define what is a "Major" and "Minor" faction. Sheer Member Count is a Bad example cause of Member inactivity, and Military Strength is nigh and impossible to calculate at this point. Not to Bash on you, but I dont believe that is good Practice.

Major News Gets its own Post, small Stories get thrown into a weekly/daily Thread, regardless of who is involved. Or at least that's how I think it should be handled.

Reactions: z1967 and Jaaskinal

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I would not consider that "Favoritism" It is merely part of our deal. I make him a website and part of payment for that is my own page. I didnt request to auto be put in with the Major factions did I? No.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I dislike draws and the statistics show that despite the fact that Athanatos Factions did not destroy much they did do more damage than Odium factions. Thus I declared that DFN's claim to victory is fair and correct.
    Doing more damage does not determine a war. The parameters of a victory in war are 1) the enemy surrenders, we did not, 2) the enemy is wholly destroyed, we are not, 3) you reach a conclusion where any military attempts in the future are futile, you have not.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Again, you are a News Reporter are you not? Its not very convincing that you are unbiased if you response is "I dislike Draws, and this is what I know". You do not have the facts from both sides, only from The Concord Side, and cause I was on comms at the time of a couple of attacks/recaps, I can say that I believe that EH inflicted more damage then DFN and Laz Combined.

But you can contest its false cause you Know the DFN's side. You do not have access to the facts :u and from the Raids and attacks of both sides, I can say it ended in a tie at best.

And Thadius Faran The fact is that he said he was Unbiased and then proceeded to say that you will not be Grouped with these people cause you provided a benefit :u I find that Bad practice, but Admire the Honesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Jaas I consider game wars different. All of those rarely happen in wars that occur in games. Since none of those parameters were achieved I do what they do in Boxing / wrestling as in who got the most punches out that hit.

Cyber. If you would PM me what you know I will gladly look it over.

BTW just letting everyone know bribing for me to lie or misrepresent news will result in me publicly releasing images of your attempted bribe

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was considering this a good idea until you started giving opinions in a news story. :\

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    tn44 The opinion of news reporters are very important. They look over all the information they get and as humans everyone formulates opinions. I honestly did not expect such backlash as this. Sure I knew that there would probably be some but not this much.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Actually, you should generally be gathering facts from all parties involved before writing a story, quoting any information that can't be proven directly, and just giving the information, if you want to be an unbiased news reporting group.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ya thadius is cool in my book. Well if we go by who destoryed the most that would be EH. I did destroy their main base which was a planet with a huge docking ring all around it, along with had to been more than 5 large ships, all their large turrets, and for a bonus I did write my name is several location on the planet and base. I have picture and proof of what I did. Now how many pictures do you have of your victories? Warp listen to Tao, he's right. So your gona be the only reporter for a while.. Wtf really how are you going to be effective in telling the truth when you have no one to help or tell you its wrong. I will say from the many people I spoke two. Mainly nature. The war or conflict sucked and it was all messed up. Nobody won as much as no one group lost. Both sides fought, and because of this update it remains unfinished. Laz had conducted many good raids that resulted in many good ships being destroyed. Many of them lead by dark life. EH attacked first and had many good raids as well that resulted in a main base and fleet being gone. I would call it even or null, but warp is trying to create a news network just to boast about a victory that wasn't yours is wrong. You even got an earful of many of us even claru on your faction thread and got it stopped by an admin, but still you try and claim victory on this thread by trying to and make it seem legit, by means of a news network. Holy shit man, even holy demon called you out on it, do you remember. If you were trying to report the news maybe you should ask other people like the ones who voiced there's and been there on what happened. Or is that to much?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am going to request a mod clean up.

Also I did this completely out of free-will if you think Debris has anything to do with this you are wrong. I did not talk to him about this and I never actually ended up getting on a server for DFN once!

Reactions: FlyingDebris

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I am going to request a mod clean up.

Also I did this completely out of free-will if you think Debris has anything to do with this you are wrong. I did not talk to him about this and I never actually ended up getting on a server for DFN once!
    I am not saying you did, But when Debris comes in and starts telling people who Disagree to leave, it becomes a Problem (and damages your credibility). As well, you should have been aware this would happen, since it happened when DFN originally Posted said statement, We just gave up trying to reason with him.

Do not expect This to Drop merely because you do not like the backlash. If you were to amount any form of Credibility, you would have to Provide some source to back your claims. I am Fine with the idea of this, but DFN has had a "reporter" before, hence the general concerns of your unbiased claims.

Also, Debris, as I told creeper, you dont exactly have Grounds to Request a Clean up unless it becomes nothing but Slander if you are not the OP I believe (If I am wrong, may the Mod actually read what he deleted and respond).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was unaware of a "first reporter"

I would prefer if you PM me over creating two pages in an hour or so. I have told Cyber that I will look into his new information and if I am wrong then I will apologize and fix my report errors and mistakes.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was unaware of a "first reporter"

I would prefer if you PM me over creating two pages in an hour or so. I have told Cyber that I will look into his new information and if I am wrong then I will apologize and fix my report errors and mistakes.
    Likewise, I do not recall having a reporter before.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ah, My Mistake. There was a Faction News thing that Sprung up around the start of the Pact-Concord War, But I had Confused the factions. x- x
    Seems he belongs to the Lazarus Imperium, not the DFN, and was posting "official" Factions News on the Faction's Thread :u My apologies.

Link; http://oldsite.star-made.org/comment/99628#comment-99628

Reaction score
    Hmhm. This is a thread.

I have a broom.

Sweep sweep sweep. I am here to tidy up as requested this room.

In other news I, as a player not a moderator, like the idea of a news thread. It adds a level of involvement and excitement to the game. If you look at any news website though you will see dissenting opinions and arguments.

(Hrhr did you see what I did there? 'Other news?' Okay it was not clever but I hope it made you smile :>. )

Edit- anything not dealing with news directly or seemed to deviate from the intention of the article was tidied up. Lets play nice now and move things to pm.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would like to declare that I am following further leads and have made a Private conversation with the leaders involved to determine the real victor. Once this is done I will take an image of it and upload it with my revised article.