StarMade doesn't launch

Reaction score
    So i downloaded the launcher for the first time (v14) and then when i try to start game, nothing happens. No error warnings or anything. So i went through the forums and tried most stuff like -
    Re-installing
    Updating Java
    Changing directory location
    Running as Admin
    Rebooting
    Trying some different memory settings
    Running through CMD

but nothing worked. My specs are - Windows 8.1 x64, Ram-4GB, Intel I7, AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series, Java 8.25

Also, I installed the game in the C: Drive(i only have one partition), so the starmade.jar file is located in C:/Games/StarMade/Starmade (i guess this is the reason it's not working)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Reaction score
    the .jar file is your desktop luncher it should be on your desktop
    I don't think i understand what you're trying to say but i tried moving the launcher to the desktop and running it from there but it doesn't work. I think it has something to do with the memory settings. Can someone please help me with that.

My current memory settings are - Maximal memory - 1024
    Initial memory - 512
    Early Generation memory - 256

These settings seem to have worked for most people but sadly not for me :(

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    the .jar file is your desktop luncher it should be on your desktop
    No, the jar should never be placed on the desktop.

I don't think i understand what you're trying to say but i tried moving the launcher to the desktop and running it from there but it doesn't work. I think it has something to do with the memory settings. Can someone please help me with that.

My current memory settings are - Maximal memory - 1024
    Initial memory - 512
    Early Generation memory - 256

These settings seem to have worked for most people but sadly not for me :(
    Those memory settings suggest your java is running in 32bit-mode.

Open a console and type:

Code:
    java -d32 -version
    java -d64 -version
    One of them should show an error.
    Or at least different versions.

This is a common error caused by the auto-update from java only keeping the 64bit or 32bit version updated, and leaving the other version in an old state.

To fix that, you should remove all java-versions via your software management on your operating system, and after restarting your computer use the manual options to install java on your OS.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/download_options.xml

Make sure you install 64bit.

(However installing only 64bit works for starmade, but not for all other programs that require java, so when you have other errors, you may need to install the same version in 32bit as it sometimes does not seem to to this with installing 64 bit.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    Those memory settings suggest your java is running in 32bit-mode.

Open a console and type:

Code:
    java -d32 -version
    java -d64 -version
    One of them should show an error.
    Or at least different versions.

This is a common error caused by the auto-update from java only keeping the 64bit or 32bit version updated, and leaving the other version in an old state.

To fix that, you should remove all java-versions via your software management on your operating system, and after restarting your computer use the manual options to install java on your OS.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/download_options.xml

Make sure you install 64bit.

(However installing only 64bit works for starmade, but not for all other programs that require java, so when you have other errors, you may need to install the same version in 32bit as it sometimes does not seem to to this with installing 64 bit.)

- Andy
    It didn't work. :(
    I did uninstall java, reboot and then install java again as you said but it still doesn't work.
    What should i do now ?

Last edited: