StarMade - Devblog May 8th 2017

Reaction score
    What rewards should experienced players be able to get ?
    The reward is knowing that your ships are better than the scrub ships that are offered.

Once chairs are out, it will make astronauts abit more viable/important as you wont be able to hide in a core during combat

Reaction score
    Yeah, that's nice and all, but astronaut exploration should be rewarding to more than just those who don't know how to build their own vessels. What rewards should experienced players be able to get besides a design to plug into a shipyard that is worse than everything in their current fleet line up?
    perhaps randomized deep space installations could be added in random areas, with the noob blueprints from the docks in storage in some of them. some of them could also have a "booster room". a more advanced player could imput some more advanced resources into the control block to "restore" the old equipment. controlling a reactivated booster station could provide a single boost to power production, shield strength, factory efficiency, ect (boost is randomly chosen when activated). these stations could be undefended and can't be built on by players. it would add interest to exploration, and make certain systems more important for faction warfare. the only way to capture the important stations could be only by foot invasions adding more use for player on player ground combat.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    What rewards should experienced players be able to get besides a design to plug into a shipyard that is worse than everything in their current fleet line up?
    Well, that's part of why I suggested astronaut weapons and armor. Things that improve player effectiveness while exploring as an astronaut are necessary as well.

That being said, you touch on an important point. The biggest problem with...well, this entire game...isn't players like me, who dip into this game every six months and then walk away, though problems exist for players like me, or even the bare newcomer who knows nothing.

No, problems exist for players like you, who are at the 'endgame'. Sure, you can build planet-crackers, or you can raid Pirate stations for fun (and sometimes profit), but in order to keep the veteran community playing, thought needs to be spared to the endgame.

As a 'filfy casual!', all of my suggestions are going to be biased towards newcomers and casuals. However, anyone who likes the game enough will eventually find themselves in your shoes.

It's possible my suggestion is a good 'partial' solution, but is just that - partial. As you note, it doesn't address endgame concerns. Sure, it gives a noob, or players like me a reason to explore. Why should you explore, though?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, that's nice and all, but astronaut exploration should be rewarding to more than just those who don't know how to build their own vessels. What rewards should experienced players be able to get besides a design to plug into a shipyard that is worse than everything in their current fleet line up?
    Nobody ever said that it had to be the only reward. Ground weapon parts and other things seem to already be planned as exploration loot.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have only one question.

What happened to that:

Nothing. The model is still sitting somewhere; when the fauna system is implemented it will include space whales. But the fauna system isn't coming for a while, as there are much more important things for Schine to be doing with their time at the moment.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The only thing that feels missing in regards to gameplay is a clearer sense of progression... it currently feels more like a sandbox than a game. It should take a lot of time and hard work to amass the necessary materials to make a gigantic/advanced spaceship.

I personally would like to see an option to start on a planet with absolutely nothing and needing to do a lot of stuff before even reaching space with whatever tiny ship I was able to make. I don't wanna be able to have a large/advanced ship until I've been playing for months.
    Yeah well i want a game that starts with being able to build ships and explore space, find stuff, factions having options of what i want to do being a trader, a hauler, a scout, a merc, a explorer maybe i want to rank up in a faction, maybe i want to make them fight each other, to gain a profit from it... for me, it already has to be a BELIEVEABLE ecosystem i dive into, without it getting on my nerves... don't want to battle ai for itbeing to stupid settling in my system. And i also might want to wage war on a multiplayer server. I do not want achievements or progression in a sense of my character got stronger, that is just eyecandy but not relevant for a fun game or construction game.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Judging from their youtube channels, its playing other games haha
    Uh, no. They're humans just like us and have to have some form of entertainment, but regardless, so far as I can tell, Schema, the guy who actually is relevant to this conversation, spends a lot of time working on the game.

Reaction score
    With the universe update upcoming, I believe the FOW should be updated sometime soon before or after its release too. Mayhaps instead of being able to see every star and wormhole/ Blackhole you get an outline of the Galaxy. Players automatically have vision of trader territory since they're neutral and POI are permanently recorded until the player visits and find out that it's gone.

Eh. Just the ramblings of some guy.

Reactions: Blodge