StarMade Dev update

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

a little dev update: I just finished the integration of docked structures, and controlled blocks (weapons, etc) into the procedural generation process. This process had some major obstacles, since in the generation process you can't look ahead, so you have to kind of predict on simple rules, how the structures are shaped.

My first creation is pirate bases with turrets that will basically annihilate anything that goes near them. I added a fair amount of random generation into the process so no two stations will look the same. It's expandable and I'll make it even more diverse in the future.

This is not the only thing I've been working on though. A new layer of AI has been added on top of the current ship AI: Simulation AI. This enables the game to coordinate and plan moves across the galaxy without entities having to be loaded at all (it just works on a shadow copy of the entry in the database). Entities will get loaded once a player is near and the new AI layer will give it the mission, but once loaded, the AI system already in the current version can come into play. An example would be 2 NPC factions moving ships across the universe, should they happen to meet near you, they will start to fight each other. I tested it with 200 vs 200 ships which was pretty fun.

The system is not yet completed as I need some kind of combat simulation for if the ships meet in unloaded state. Also I need another layer of AI which basically spawns pirates, trading ships, and other npcs and plans their missions.

This system will also be the entry point to randomly generated quests in the future.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i imagined that there would be quest where you would need to defend trading ships against pirates...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is amazing. Remember to give stations shields as well as weapons!

Perhaps you should also replace trade stations with space stations that can trade?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds like more features could be coded out of it. I mean mission implementation, like assisantions, assist-type missions, raids(???). Also sounds like, an update where players could create ships with turrets that could be saved isn`t very far away. I really expect the latter most of right now. I guess the most interesting thing would be random encounters. Tough, it sounds kind of scary to suddenly evesdrop on a battlefield.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it new kind of game , i cant remember games like that, i know CONEROIDS its like minecraft in space but starmade is batter 100times, i know Shores of Hazeron but its some kind of retarded... or i dont know what to say about that.
    STARMADE is a Best game and i cant explain... but when you play it you feel freedom in all ways...
    but in game is some cons: i think that sperical terrain will be batter then like a cake, but i know it harder to make spherical gravity... and galaxy map will be very impressive, and i think that need more powerfull anti griefing things in multiplayer, but we have a lot of time .... i wish eveything will completed....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    LOL go play call of duty if u think shores of hazeron it for tard realy ...

shores is starmade more complexe realist and with ore custom ship etc in fact starmade is just the little brother of shores... more young more easy