StarMade Dev Update: Progress in the Heat Part 2

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    I'm working on some new Asteroid generation stuff at the moment. As you may have noticed, v0.075 is out, but I didn't write a release note yet. It's still pretty hot here unfortunately, but things are going better now that I kind of have acclimated to the weather.
    I already implemented 5 different types of asteroids along with 10 new types of materials:

• Gold

• Iridium

• Mercury

• Palladium

• Platinum

• Lithium

• Magnesium

• Titanium

• Uranium

• Polonium
    All of those minerals will be scattered on different types of asteroids. At the moment it's not balanced on where to find what, but the elements don't have any additional purpose yet. I plan to integrate them in an economy and research system where you can build and upgrade blocks to a higher level. A weapon block of level 2 for example would give more points to distribute.

You might also already have encountered a bug with 0.075 where switching Sectors screws up your point distribution for weapons. This bug is already fixed and its fix will be released along with the next update.
    Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    Cool! You should have randomly spawned AI that you can either kill or trade with.