• Total voters

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hello there !

I have demo version of Starmade... I love this game,but I feel sad,because one day,the demo will end and I would need to stop playing... What are your feels about it ? Do you have demo too ?

I would like to have demo forever,so BENCH if you are reading this,please don't end demo just yet...

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    When the game becomes feature complete, a.k.a. enters beta, free to play might end. However, that does not necessarily mean the 'demo' will no longer work, it just means it won't be updated anymore.
    I don't know if this is still going to be true, but it is the latest info I know of on this subject.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    When the game becomes feature complete, a.k.a. enters beta, free to play might end. However, that does not necessarily mean the 'demo' will no longer work, it just means it won't be updated anymore.
    I don't know if this is still going to be true, but it is the latest info I know of on this subject.
    And that is pretty sad,cuz I would have to play only syngle,and no servers

Maybe there will be warez launcher ( I would be great )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well right now the game, if you buy it, is on the cheaper side, so if you wanted you could secure a copy now you could. As to the question at hand, the demo isn't going to end, as was said, until the whole game has all the features, or at least most of them, and I think that's likely a while out. I don't think we have anything to worry about no more alpha access anytime soon.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Maybe there will be warez launcher ( I would be great )
    ...indie studios need our support, don't pirate the game when f2p ends just because you only play single player.

You can win copies on twitch streams (I've given away 10 beta keys since I started streaming) and still find exceptionally cheap copies on discount steam key sites, I'm not sure there is really an excuse here. :) When you do obtain your legit copy and if you are playing through Steam though, backup all your blueprints and templates and such first as the full gave will override the demo.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    ...indie studios need our support, don't pirate the game when f2p ends just because you only play single player.

You can win copies on twitch streams (I've given away 10 beta keys since I started streaming) and still find exceptionally cheap copies on discount steam key sites, I'm not sure there is really an excuse here. :) When you do obtain your legit copy and if you are playing through Steam though, backup all your blueprints and templates and such first as the full gave will override the demo.
    Plus the full game will be supported when the games exits f2p, you're buying the game forever, not just for beta access. It's like 10 bucks, 5 during sales. No real excuse here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I logged about 500 hours on the demo, then decided to buy the game. By that time it was 15 USD on Steam, but I caught it on sale for 10 during the Lunar New Year sale. Worth every penny, in my opinion.

To reiterate what others have said, the game doesn't cost much now. Even at full anticipated retail price, it is still worth the money. The developers have been kind enough to let people play for free while the game is in the alpha stage. Don't repay that kindness by supporting piracy of their hard work.

Reactions: ToasterBorst

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm 600 hours in, and still playing more and more. Definitely buy the game. At this point I would have paid $100 for it.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I bought it for 5 in a steam sale a year ago but was playing well before that. As for the demo right now there are no plans to remove it. The "play as guest" option in the upcoming launcher is a testament to the belief that it will be ongoing for a long time to come as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think I caught it for 7.99 but I would gladly have paid up to 25 for it. Worth it when you consider that it's at the cheapest it'll ever be from here on out, as more features get added and the game comes closer to the release the price will be upped, you're getting a few things with the game:
    1) A license for the game to play forever wherever
    2) A snazzy cool badge on the forums
    3) Infinite worlds in Infinite ways
    4) The warm fuzzy feeling of buying Schema more catnip.
    5) Not breaking piracy laws from you potentially ripping the game illegally
    6) Allowing with your contribution for the game to continue development, thus getting new features, thus making the game more fun, thus drawing more players, thus having them buying the game themselves, repeat this step.
    7) Just being awesome.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Games only $10.
    I played for free for years, then brought it when it went on sale a few months ago.
    Eventually the 'demo' may expire but youve got at least another year or so.
    Even then you should be able to run older versions of starmade in single player no probs provided you don't update or what not.
    Or maybe you will only need a full account for multiplayer, since you don't need to log into your account to play single player.

But if you have the cash this game is well worth $10 and I would suggest getting it before the price goes up :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456431946,1456431806][/DOUBLEPOST]
    you have to set it in your profile so that it shows
    because it is there !

View attachment 22828
    Wait what?? Ive purchased a full copy of starmade, and in the registry it says my account has been upgraded but I don't have that badge :,(

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Wait what?? Ive purchased a full copy of starmade, and in the registry it says my account has been upgraded but I don't have that badge :,(
    then maybe contact support for the starmade dock about it to get that badge.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    still find exceptionally cheap copies on discount steam key sites
    Schine doesn't get that money, goes to the person who ever got that key in some fashion.

Best way to support schine? Either buy a key from this site (it will give you a steam version without valve taking 30%) or donate