Starmade Crashing on Start

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Hey, I have had no problems running Starmade up until last patch. I do NOT have an intel card. I have an AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series. I updated my AMD software. I didnt find any old versions of Java and Java is updated. I ran everything on high settings before this (with no problems). Any suggestions? thanks. :)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You may have to supply a bit more information here.
    What is your OS. Where is the Starmade starter and the game files installed to? Are you sure it runs at 64bit if that is available?
    You could supply the latest Log.x file from your lof folder inside the Starmade folder

Reactions: Crushtime
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've been buried under work and only got to this now. Just a quick update, even after installing last update when i load sandbox it gets to about 93% and it crashes. I have Windows 8, x64, 3.4 ghz intel i5-3570 with 8 gigs of ram. The starmade folder (and launcher) are both on my desktop. How do i supply the latest logx file?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Within the Starmade folder is a folder named Logs there are the log files. Take the one with the newest time stamp.
    And the desktop might not be the best place to put the game .. if possible change the install path to a hardrive partition that is not possibly under any protection by the Windows OS.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    weird, it wont let me upload the file, it says it has a wrong extension... I changed the extension to .pdf. the original filename is to the right in the brackets. (log.txt.0) Anywho, i changed the location of the launcher and file to my second harddrive and it still crashes after 93-96%. Hope the file helps, let me know if anthing else :)

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Ok .. lets see!
    Are you realy sure your OS runs at 64bit ?
    then -> Uninstall whatever Java is installed and then make a new installation of only the 64 Bit Version!
    direct 64 bit standalone download J7U67 -> http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=95125
    redownload the game launcher ->http://star-made.org/download
    place it somewhere unprotected by windows and put a link on your desktop (best on a non system partition of your Hdd within a folder named Starmade)
    Then start the launcher, let it redownload the game (you may have to change installpath under Options->Installation settings for that!)
    Then start and see if it works
    The log file suggests you are running on 32bit and not from a clean installation (loading 181 Blueprints!)
    Also it does not contain a crash report but only closing of the starter window after 45 seconds ;)
    This log is not from a startup of the game that did end in a crash!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey,

The reason why i say it was a crash is because when i started up the game again it gave me error about graphics cards (something about intel). Anywho, im happy to report that the problem is solved. The game is running! I installed (fresh) it on C drive in a separate folder called starmade and it worked fine. Maybe it was crashing due to the amount of blueprints and that it was running on 32 bit? How do i switch it to 64 bit? Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    the 32 bit problem i think i have read somewhere in relation with windows 8 !

thats why i suggested to entirely remove your Java installation and only reinstall the 64bit variant (see link in last post)
    also you might want to increase the memory allocation under Options-> Memory settings in the Launcher (2048 mb should be enough)