Bug starmade chunks around spawn position are being loaded

Reaction score
    i've been playing on starmade for a while now and prior to the shipyards update a server would become inaccessible for a time with a message i've put in the title. it hasn't been much of an issue as the server would reboot after a while and the error would disappear. it also happened rarely.
    however since the recent update this has been happening very very frequently. i run starmade on a mac, but i have friends who have been having the same issue on their pc's. i think it may be a server issue as i have seen it on 3 servers and can log into single player albeit with the same issue over time (randomevent's universe and sun-world. third was some server i tried while REU was unavailable due to this issue.) a server reboot has fixed it in all cases, but i've seen the issue pop up merely 2 hours or so after a reboot. if i happen to be logged in and people suddenly have issues logging in it typically accompanies core ghosting, chunks not initializing (to place blocks) and chunks of structures not loading. it happens both when many and when none are online.
    despite probably being server issue, i've tried a few things, including clearing client cache, pressing tab + f6 (rarely fixes anything when online and am not permitted to use the command while spawning), redownloading the game, running the game outside steam and satanic rituals. nothing has worked so far aside from when the server reboots Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 16.03.51.png

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    This needs usually a client-cache reset.

upload_2015-8-29_18-33-5.png

this should fix it.

If not, it may be a lockup on server side.
    In this case they shall create a server-side threaddump and restart it.
    If it works again after restarting the server, forward the threaddump to us.

- Andy

Reactions: Agame3