NP StarMade Bounty Hunting Collective

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Player-made services like this practically require an escrow service, or there is no significant guarantee of payment for work done. The bounty-hunting service should create an escrow account on the relevant server, collect payment from the client (maybe not 100%, but a relevant percentage of the bounty) and transfer this to the relevant hunter upon receipt of proof (with the client themselves providing final payment if <100% is held in escrow). In the event that a contract doesn't go through for one reason or other, or the client wants to withdraw, the service's records should be robust enough that the bounty can be returned.

The problem with escrow is that it requires trust, of course, but that will have to be built, and at least TheHunter111_1 seems relatively neutral.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Caffs havin' a giggle methinks
    That homebase ain't his home, common knowledge there, gl finding a random unclaimed void sector base for only 500mil xD
    Though the 1bil part is even less worth tbh

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol as the homebase listed on the faction menu is nothing but a faction block in the middle of nowhere. XD That said finding a player base parked in the middle of nowhere isn't hard if you know how to search for people that don't want to be found.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Who knows, I may have a secret base, maybe I don't. Would explain why I'm practically never at homebase. Though let Aurmazl decide on paying you for that info or not.

Reaction score
    Aurmazl has not stated that is has been completed in this forum or the bounty board, I have technically delivered to an open request.

TheHunter111_1 what happens if I do not get paid?
    Give Aurmazl another week, if there is no response then I will delete the bounty and ban the user from utilizing my service in the future.
    As I see it, the user did not specify the base in question was not the homebase, and seeing as a homebase is usually a base of operations for most factions, I think its fair to request payment from that.

Player-made services like this practically require an escrow service, or there is no significant guarantee of payment for work done. The bounty-hunting service should create an escrow account on the relevant server, collect payment from the client (maybe not 100%, but a relevant percentage of the bounty) and transfer this to the relevant hunter upon receipt of proof (with the client themselves providing final payment if <100% is held in escrow). In the event that a contract doesn't go through for one reason or other, or the client wants to withdraw, the service's records should be robust enough that the bounty can be returned.

The problem with escrow is that it requires trust, of course, but that will have to be built, and at least TheHunter111_1 seems relatively neutral.
    Good Idea, I will begin implementation immediately
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464231589,1464231040][/DOUBLEPOST]Escrow service is now in effect, all clients who wish to post will be required to send me the bounty reward, it will be kept safe, please refer to the original post for details on usage.

Bounties posted before then will remain there, however please exercise caution when accepting them.

Reaction score
    This bounty was to be one of a series of bounties, but since only Caffeine among them still play, and since one can claim a bounty purely on semantics as there was never any sane reason in the universe to believe i meant a home base due to faction tab which has already been mentioned. Let's call this the end of it, there's no point to this service now.

Reaction score
    I have received confirmation of the bounty being received, the coordinates of the homebase have been forwarded to you in a private conversation.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Cool bounty service, wish it would come back :(

Last edited: