Starmade Blueprints not migrating correctly.

Reaction score
    Took a while, sifting through many hard drives, usbs, until i remembered about my mediafire account. I saved a bunch of blueprints a couple of years back for a reformat.

And well, with my ancient builds i have the issue too. (at least im sure all but 1 are mine, not that you can tell)

Have tried slowly migrating these 5 blueprints (built before end of 2014) up to newest version to no avail. Did also try using the build jayman38 provided, still didnt work.
    I'm not sure, but I think this file might be the correct version to do the conversion.
    , i think my computer is preventing them being fixed, (have family that has a habit of downloading malware...)

Links to .sments if you want to take a crack at it.
    Dropship.sment
    engine_scooter.sment
    engine.sment
    fighter_shit_scooter.sment
    Fighter_Pheonix_MK_I.sment

_Scooter98_

Reaction score
    _Scooter98_ do this:

Get another launcher of Starmade and at the dowload options check this version 0.199.169 and download it.

Then copy there a fresh copy of the original Bps, the bps you have with holes are now corrupted.

Start the client 0.199.169 and go offline server, the bp gets converted to the new chunk32 system, after that return to desktop get inside the client 0.199.169 bps folder and move to the real Starmade instalation you are using.

There is not a fault of your family or your computer apparently the updater chunk16 -> chunk32 is bronken since that version.

Got it working on another system. Cheers mate.

_Scooter98_

Reactions: Arkudo and jayman38
    Reaction score
    The problem is when updating from SMD2 to SMD3 in the newer updates. Hopefully Schine fixes it as it is very annoying to have to repeatedly roll back to older versions just to bring my old ships in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The problem is when updating from SMD2 to SMD3 in the newer updates. Hopefully Schine fixes it as it is very annoying to have to repeatedly roll back to older versions just to bring my old ships in.
    I know it sounds bad, and hard on hard drive space. But i have three starmade installs. One for importing via smedit, one to convert to sm3 and the current version. It's a big pain in the butt but it works.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I know it sounds bad, and hard on hard drive space. But i have three starmade installs. One for importing via smedit, one to convert to sm3 and the current version. It's a big pain in the butt but it works.
    This is what I have resorted to as well.

Something for people low on hard drive space to consider. You don't have to copy over the screenshots you've taken, nor do you need all the blueprints. So that saves a bit of space. I can't recall if SM saves all its updates as .zips as some games do, but you don't need those either in any extra StarMade directories.

Reaction score
    I know that works, problem is that it shouldn't come to this to update blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You are 200% correct, Schine should NEVER have removed the updating code from the newest updates. You never know when someone has been gone for a long time and then comes back. If anything them try9ing to spawn a blueprint and it screws up will make them just leave again .

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You are 200% correct, Schine should NEVER have removed the updating code from the newest updates. You never know when someone has been gone for a long time and then comes back. If anything them try9ing to spawn a blueprint and it screws up will make them just leave again .
    Perhaps we should petition them to put it back.