Starmade Blueprints not migrating correctly.

Reaction score
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me with migrating blueprints from previous versions of starmade because when updating to latest version a ship I have spawned and that is already present in the game world ends up looking like this:
    upload_2017-1-31_22-33-59.png

The same also happens to blueprints from previous versions and I don't understand why.
    The Version I am updating from is "v0.198.146"

I know it is a while ago, but I really don't understand how to safely migrate my blueprints

Thanks in advance for you help. :)

Reaction score
    if that particular ship is already present in the world, why not re-bluprint that one freshly INTO the latest version (rather than migrate)?

obviously not helpful for others, but still...

also, have you seen any evidence of this? - Bug - Ships don't spawn, but diamonds do for a few moments.
    I tried re-blueprinting it in the version it loaded properly for, and then migrating. The ship behind the first in the picture is the result, and I got exactly the same outcome from multiple repeats...

Additionally the ship at the front was already present and still got broken.

But no other than that all of the stock blueprints are loading correctly from what I can tell

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Sachys. Ive seen that, alot, im glad they are working on a fix for that bug. Ive got some models to update D:

Reaction score
    I think its for this one, and or the one that updated blueprints.
    Could you give me the specific version that updated the blueprints? I've not been around for a while v0.198.146 (6 months ago) and I've come back to find a large amount of my blueprints are broken.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Could you give me the specific version that updated the blueprints? I've not been around for a while v0.198.146 (6 months ago) and I've come back to find a large amount of my blueprints are broken.
    Ive been gone for nearly as long(as in being unable to actually read the patch notes) so i really dont know off the top of my head.
    I know it happened a little more recently though.

Reaction score
    Ive been gone for nearly as long(as in being unable to actually read the patch notes) so i really dont know off the top of my head.
    I know it happened a little more recently though.
    This is highly annoying... The devs are really slipping up here... and breaking so much in the process... Starmade is a niche game as it is with a rather small community, the last thing the devs need to be doing is dropping the ball in such an important area as blueprints

I can confirm that the blueprint issue is present in the following version
    v0.199.433
    v0.199.142b
    v0.199.142a
    v0.199.142

(keep in mind I am using admin laod from the catalogue to spawn these in)
    i'm going to continue testing previous versions until I get a working one

[doublepost=1485909325][/doublepost]check out the top paragraph in the latest update blog, it has useful info concerning this :)

Reaction score
    I've had a quick read of the post, but i haven't had any problems like this with any of my blueprints, so i'm just throwing out suggestions.

Have you tried simply purchasing the blueprints? (if your using creative mode, buy the blueprint put it in a plex storage and add any block from the creative menu into it, should make the blueprint complete, then load it in.)

Have you tried exporting and importing using the catalog manager?

If your ship is small enough you could try copying the entire ship, and pasting on a new core. If its just a hull, you could try using the replace filter to replace all the blocks (maybe might do something).

Have you tried pushing the on button twice? :P

Just suggestions as i haven't had the problem yet, but one of my mates were complaining to high heaven about something with the blueprints spawning breaking.

Hope this helped at all.

~~~
    Just spawned a bunch of my blueprints in from current and previous versions, they all load in fine, so im at a loss
    ~~~

_Scooter98_

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    go to the old version, and incrementally update and enter the universe. There was an update migrating from 16x16x16 segments to 32x32x32 segents. You gotta update incrementally to get the update to correctly migrate your stuff i believe.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The version with the big change to the way blueprints work is v0.199.132, released on August 2, 2016. This is the one that went from Chunk16 format (SMD2) to Chunk32 format (SMD3), and should have the built-in blueprint-updating software (although, I would think every subsequent version would have the converter, but I don't know for sure.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am having issues like this.
    I am running a separate install that is v0.198.485 that is the release before 0.199.132. BUT when i import it into the current version it is chopping the ship up and sometimes not even showing the ship core.

I use the separate install to run SmEdit and same the model of the ship. Then run Starmade and export the ship to sment. Once that is done i close starmade and open the latest version and attempt to import via sment. I have also attempted to copy paste the ship folder over. So messed up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I am having the same issue with some of my very old BP's as of just now.

I haven't loaded these blueprints since around May 2015 but I did today and this exact thing happened.

I thought the blueprint updater was built-in to all versions after the major change.

Maybe not?

* A lone surviving bird of prey investigates...what kind of weapon could do this??*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    If anyone knows how I can convert the smd2 files to smd3 I'd be eternally grateful (insert toy story aliens here). I havn't played in quite a while and the new power system discussion has me back working on all my old designs however I've hit this issue as well. Currently all my fleets capital ships are in smd2 and I don't think I can bring myself to rebuild them.

Currently holding out playing until this can be fixed...

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Try downloading version 0.199.132 and see if that version will do the conversion for you. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not sure, but I think this file might be the correct version to do the conversion. All versions are archived and can be downloaded separately here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Try downloading version 0.199.132 and see if that version will do the conversion for you. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not sure, but I think this file might be the correct version to do the conversion. All versions are archived and can be downloaded separately here.
    Making another install and going to the second 0.199.132 and converting WORKED! it seems that the newer versions lack the 16 to 32 chunk converting line of code or it got messed up. I was already thinking of trying that version to see if it was the newest versions didn't have the conversion lines of code.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I also got them to load correctly using the 0.199.132a version.

Many thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Glad i was able to help :)
    That defiant has like 100 hours of hand done greeble work in the shot above.

I'm dumb for never updating it, but still kinda scary..super glad to get it back.