Bug Ships don't spawn, but diamonds do for a few moments.

Reaction score
    My friend just got back into the game, re-installed fresh.

Got a few ships from the docks and found out that admin spawning in his single player world, doesn't work.

He spawns them, the nav diamonds show up, but then disappear after a few moments, but no ship shows up in the meantime.

*EDIT, aparently it's resolved itself, he spawned a ship core, now the ships spawn in properly.

Last edited:

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I'm getting this now - since the update.
    At first I thought it was active chain drives auto jumping on spawn, but I've tested ships with no jump drives.
    I'm not actually getting a reticule / marker for the ships themselves - just docked entities, and they vanish when i get near. Shipyards are also not loading properly, or able to create designs from BPs without hanging on loading. leaving the sector for some time and returning also doesnt do anything.

Edit: This is also on a clean install and new universe (SP).

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Restart the server for that.

Can be a loading issue induced by a deadlock in the threads of the server.
    If you notice it fast enough, the cause can still be in the logs.

So if you encounter such a problem, where spawned ship cores do not render, grab the logstarmade.0.log from the server, and we can look into it, to see why the core was removed.

- Andy

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Just done that - the prior design from BP was in the middle of the shipyard as a neutral entity, but had loaded oddly. Tried spawning another ship and that worked, but shipyard is frozen. Will PM logs and screens as I go.
    [doublepost=1485645562,1485644692][/doublepost]Appears to be the exact same as this (have checked the linked video).

⚓ T2200 Ships Don't Load in After Loading in from Blueprint

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I've had this issue off and on since I joined the game. It's an issue with moving ships from old versions to newer ones. I just salvaged some ships from ~2 years ago, and ran into this same problem.

I suggest the following:
    0) BACK UP YOUR FILE. I'M NOT JOKING. DO IT.
    1) Find out the last version you saved that file in.
    2) Get a copy of starmade running the last 0.19x version (eg, if you opened it in 0.197.36, I'd open it in the last 0.197.51 version (the last 0.197 version). -NOTE: Before 2015, there was a different build system, so I'd just advise using every 5th-10th build.
    3) Load the world, run /force_save in chat.
    4) Get your starmade you used to do this to the last build of the next 0.19x (eg, following the previous example, you'd use the last 0.198 build: 0.198.485)
    5) Repeat until you are at 0.198.485 This may take a while.

///BACKUP YOUR WORLD BETWEEN EACH VERSION CHANGE.
    If your ships disappear on world load, revert the version change, and revert the world file to the most recent backup. Then, zip your blueprints folder's contents, and make blueprints for every ship. Make a new world, and load in every ship from the blueprint using admin load. Then, back up the world, and try the version change again. If it still doesn't work, you'll have to use smaller version steps. If you have this issue trying to load into the version directly after to working one, I'm sorry, there's no more help I can provide.

6) Now, change to the 0.199.172 build (this is the one I used), and load and /force_save.
    7)Now, change to 199.432 (Current Version), and load up. It should load everything fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My friend just got back into the game, re-installed fresh.

Got a few ships from the docks and found out that admin spawning in his single player world, doesn't work.

He spawns them, the nav diamonds show up, but then disappear after a few moments, but no ship shows up in the meantime.

*EDIT, aparently it's resolved itself, he spawned a ship core, now the ships spawn in properly.
    The same thing was happening to me. Sachys was nice enough to show me this forum. I've tried several times restarting my whole computer and game an it still happens to ships that I made or worked before.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    The same thing was happening to me. Sachys was nice enough to show me this forum. I've tried several times restarting my whole computer and game an it still happens to ships that I made or worked before.

As i commented directly to you (and totally forgot to add here), making sure my game was 100% up to date with the hotfixes solved most BP spawns for me, yet importyed sments were still having the issue.

Hopefully that helps someone.

AndyP is also aware and has my logfiles from some testing. If you're still having the issue, i suppose seinding him your logfile0 may help?!

Reaction score
    I'm having a somewhat similar problem with migrating blueprints from previous versions of starmade because when updating to latest version a ship that is already spawned in the game world ends up looking like this: brokenship.png.jpg
    The same also happens to blueprints from previous versions and I don't understand why.
    The Version I am updating from is "v0.198.146" (so a while ago)

Is this specific to the latest version?

(the ship nearest the front was spawned before updating, and the one in the rear is from a blueprint)

#1RB101, 2 minutes ago
    [doublepost=1485907533,1485905674][/doublepost]I can confirm ships disappearing in the versions:
    v0.199.432
    v0.199.432a
    v0.199.432b
    v0.199.433 (some ships appear but are butchered like in my previous post)

i'm going to continue testing other versions to see when it arose.