Starmade - Australia

Reaction score

Server Location: Sydney, Australia

Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
    Twitter: Surge (@Starmade_AU) | Twitter
    Patreon: Starmade Australia is creating an Australian Starmade Server | Patreon

A new Australian server!

Looking to rebuild our community in the Australasian area, So far we have players from Mikelands and CraftAU.

We currently have a 4GB 10player server in sydney, but were looking to upgrade! its currently only a placeholder till we can get something worthy to play on.

currently getting organised, setting up the infrastructure needed for a larger games server.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Glad to hear that your region will have a server once again. Would be a shame to have to connect to European or NA servers with 300+ pings on your end. If price is a big concern. You should look into a AMD Ryzen CPU setup. 12-16 threads on the cheap with DDR4 support, M.2 SSD ports, along with all of the newest features. <( i just want to see one of these as a server setup at this point)

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    We havent got a player that is at the right location to host, australia is so spread out that servers can only really be place in metropolitan areas, so were kinda forced at the moment to hire/buy a dedicated server from a company, thats why we have a patreon, a community effort to afford the dedicated server

Reaction score
    Though its not australia, i have 1GBS unlimited upload in New Zealand

I have a old quad cpu AM2+ server in the washhouse

Has 4x AMD Phenom X 4 9850 in it. And enough ram slots for 120gb, but i have no ram anymore. and obviosly limited to DDR2

In addition, I have a spare 2TB HDD, but its only SATA, it has a full speed PCIe Raid connectors for 8x SSD, though unecessary, as it turns out even non raid SSD on PCIe can deliver data faster than a kernal can read it.

But if your interested.

Reaction score
    Hi kiwi, we have updated our server hosting since the above post, we now have a dedicated server in sydney.

Unsure on the specs but alot better than the above