Starmade Art Thread

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I wanted to make another joking comment about those seemingly phallic islands, but I gave up. I'm out of inspiration for synonyms for anything that would have to do with a male copulatory organ in the form of locations on an island.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    All these awesome pieces of art show why Starmade needs to somehow get much, much larger planets without causing FPS to drop to the last circle of hell.

(Subcommander Karan'saiyil, commence orbital bombardment of the The Southern Peninsula.) :p

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    All these awesome pieces of art show why Starmade needs to somehow get much, much larger planets without causing FPS to drop to the last circle of hell.

(Subcommander Karan'saiyil, commence orbital bombardment of the The Southern Peninsula.) :p
    I do believe that I was the one to bring that up in chat in reference to this thread. xD GJ Ithirahad.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    This thread be going severely offtopic, don't you peoples think?

Planr
    I see you find this thread very creative :I

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    upload_2014-7-3_17-54-19.png
    made in probaby about half an hour in paint.net. I don't have one of those drawing tablets, OK? Although I do like how the planet turned out.

Reactions: wafflepie
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    i just made some sketches of the characters that are in my Crimson Corp story driven posts called Campaigns

if you look closely most of the characters have fabricators on their arms.
    I wish I could give more than one rating to this, or multiple likes, this is AWESOME!! Both a free, sketchy look, but crisp and clear as well. Besides that, I can't help but drink this in and wonder at all the armor/clothing/skinning opportunities this could inspire. :D I'm also delightfully amused by the little captions and fabricators; your characters have LIFE on the page, and it's a joy to look at. Wonderful art. Nice work! ^.^

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I wish I could give more than one rating to this, or multiple likes, this is AWESOME!! Both a free, sketchy look, but crisp and clear as well. Besides that, I can't help but drink this in and wonder at all the armor/clothing/skinning opportunities this could inspire. :D I'm also delightfully amused by the little captions and fabricators; your characters have LIFE on the page, and it's a joy to look at. Wonderful art. Nice work! ^.^
    Thank you. I really appreciate that.

This picture is actually 100% digitally made. no pencil was involved at any point. the effect is all a photoshop brush made to look like pencil.

all of the characters clothing is based on my own character skin. the Crimson-Artist is the founder and CEO of Crimson Corp so all of the employees should have some kind of uniform.

to be honest the captions were an after thought. usually when i do sketches they're just the character(s) but when i drew one of the characters here, her expression made me think of that meme "U WOT M8" and decided to add that in since it matched her rather mean and condescending personality. soon i was adding captions to all the other characters.

Reactions: Omni
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I thought I recognised that ship (my eyes saw the poster before the caption, of course)