StarMade Active Development Timeline

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Will there be any changes to the scanner block and system? It is somewhat useless right now.
    Yes, we'll be introducing more reasons to have a scanner system.

Reaction score
    Which of the sections would the official passive resource generation mechanics be included in?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Which of the sections would the official passive resource generation mechanics be included in?
    We may implement a basic form of it sooner in the timeline, but currently plans have it later in development due to the way we wish to implement it.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I noticed. I guess I better readjust my expectations for when the game will be finished. :p
    For those who might be wondering, there's approx 170 projects listed if memory serves.

Reaction score
    What would be your time guesstimate for expanded faction abilities/reason to capture other sectors/make stations other than the protected homebase?

This is from a PvP perspective, as currently if i were to make a station in another system im sure it will be blown away while im logged off, causing a waste of resources on my part.

Reaction score
    This seems like a good a place as any to put this... I think a good way to encourage and even reward boarding parties would be to make shields exclusive to the outside of a ship (no more shields on the inside). I realize this is probably not an easy task to accomplish due to the complexity of determining what an inside actually is, or an outside for that matter. Just food for thought suggestions aren't really my thing; but while I'm at it, I also think that making the distance a ship can jump depend on the efficiency of the drive (something similar to power with additional rules so as not to cause the same shape replication as efficient power) and it's size. I think it would also be prudent to have a max jump cap(say 24 sectors) so no drive could jump absurdly far.

Just found the right place for things like this, sorry.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    What would be your time guesstimate for expanded faction abilities/reason to capture other sectors/make stations other than the protected homebase?

This is from a PvP perspective, as currently if i were to make a station in another system im sure it will be blown away while im logged off, causing a waste of resources on my part.
    That would be part of our major faction overhaul slated for near the end of Alpha development as there's a lot of dependencies for what we wish to do with factions.

Reaction score
    Holy Cow!

Part of me is wondering if I should take a break from the game and come back in the Winter with my beefy Pascal equiped new PC and see what the game has become.

As you guys know, I've been following this game since 2014, though my gameplay has been sparse. (I still have yet to make a turret, let alone a drone, and I still don't understand how to spawn ships, etc).

I'm a bit slow with learning curves. Would it be better for me to come in when the integrated tutorial is more rounded out? I enjoy the game play, but since I don't really know how to use the copy/paste features and build everything more or less manually, I find it daunting to finish anything over 30m in length.

What does the timeline look like for getting to Beta? Summer 2017?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Holy Cow!

Part of me is wondering if I should take a break from the game and come back in the Winter with my beefy Pascal equiped new PC and see what the game has become.

As you guys know, I've been following this game since 2014, though my gameplay has been sparse. (I still have yet to make a turret, let alone a drone, and I still don't understand how to spawn ships, etc).

I'm a bit slow with learning curves. Would it be better for me to come in when the integrated tutorial is more rounded out? I enjoy the game play, but since I don't really know how to use the copy/paste features and build everything more or less manually, I find it daunting to finish anything over 30m in length.

What does the timeline look like for getting to Beta? Summer 2017?
    The content for integrated tutorials is being worked on as we speak, so it won't be too long before it's introduced so from then on we should be meeting you with what you need to know as you follow that learning curve.

That would be ideal for Beta, though I haven't sat down and done the maths on what would be an achievable date just yet.

Reaction score
    I appreciate the responsiveness of your team, as well as the accessibility that you are looking to help with. Here is what I would envision:

Spawn in in a bustling spaceport/station/planetary base. You sign up to earn some credits from the Training Guild. You complete several missions to learn concepts and building blocks of the game, up to, and including, building a station, a ship, a carrier, a drone, a turret, and then being sent off, or discharged, whatever, with a paycheck from the TG.

That is how I would envision it. I can't program, but I love looking at the story aspect and drawing people in. It is hard to get a friend to look at the game, and he was a bit daunted when he spawned at a station with not alot of direction. He said the tutorial was better than landing in Minecraft with no direction, but the station was laggy, etc.

Reaction score
    Will mining fleets be able to work by themselves without a player to watch in the same sector?

Would be nice to just send the fleet off from the station telling them to go mine asteroids till there full and drop it off back at the station

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Will mining fleets be able to work by themselves without a player to watch in the same sector?

Would be nice to just send the fleet off from the station telling them to go mine asteroids till there full and drop it off back at the station
    That will be possible in the future yes

Reactions: greatmatt

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i know its a relatively minor thing but when do you think item descriptions are going to be redone? most of them are outdated and just plain uninspired. some of them are really awkwardly written.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i know its a relatively minor thing but when do you think item descriptions are going to be redone? most of them are outdated and just plain uninspired. some of them are really awkwardly written.
    Unsure, but that could be something we have a look at after the tutorial stuff we're working on atm.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Can you comment on the scale of stellar diversity you are planning? Is it going to be much different then what we have now? Specifically a single stellar body per sector or could we expect larger and smaller entities. More specifically a gas giant that takes up a few sectors, or a moon orbiting a planet?

Reaction score
    This may be a bit of-topic but I've heard and seen that once starmade reaches beta it will no longer be free... What will happen to current F2P players (Like me)? Will we be able to keep playing if we're long time members of the community? Or will we get a free upgrade?
    Thanks,
    Djmax