StarMade 0.1845 Another round of fixes

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Every beam, including salvage, drain and supply beams.
    Thank you. It seems the burst duration of salvage beams is now rather 3.3 seconds instead of the 2.5 seconds which it should be according to the blockBehaviorConfig.xml. This also results in a higher energy consumption per burst. Is this a bug or intended?

Reaction score
    I think there should also be some focus on the more immersive aspects of the game at some point (sound, music, GUI), I assume steam release won't mean that the game is done yet, right?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I think there should also be some focus on the more immersive aspects of the game at some point (sound, music, GUI), I assume steam release won't mean that the game is done yet, right?
    Of course not, it's just one of the many goals. It's just one of those corner stones, accompanied with a large number of bug fixes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The official sound and music is probably going to be added at the very end, but maybe there could be some placeholders in the mean time? The GUI is actually already being worked on by Bench and kupu , so that's going to be cool.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Improved GUI would be great. Just hope its improved GUI functionality as well. Like no more scrolling in your inventory when you have a factory open. That’s annoying.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I know place is inappropriate, but still - lock-on missiles of any kind craches the game when complete lock is performed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    kupu has confirmed that he is working with Bench on a new GUI, I presume that will be implemented before steam release, as well as scrapping all of the other texture packs. and it has also been confirmed that there will be monthly and possibly weekly patch updates.

o_Owhere are the new stations?
    new stations are coming, they are implementing them as we type, they are letting the makers update their station and then they are going to override all of the old station with the new ones

Improved GUI would be great. Just hope its improved GUI functionality as well. Like no more scrolling in your inventory when you have a factory open. That’s annoying.
    kupu and Bench have confirmed that they are working on a new GUI, I presume that will be implemented before steam release, as well as scrapping all of the other texture packs.

Reaction score
    Steam release getting close? Early Access, is it? I fear the worst, although I'd love to be proven wrong. Best of luck.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Steam release getting close? Early Access, is it? I fear the worst, although I'd love to be proven wrong. Best of luck.
    Well, we should be getting at least some new features before it goes to steam (I think), and if there aren't any new features yet by then, there will be many soon after that. That should be enough to keep their attention.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    oh schema, the new round of fixes has caused people to crash when ever they fire tracking missiles schema #bugfix

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You only get one chance to release on Steam. Don't mess it up.

Reaction score
    Well, we should be getting at least some new features before it goes to steam (I think), and if there aren't any new features yet by then, there will be many soon after that. That should be enough to keep their attention.
    I'm just not sure you want a bunch of 13 year olds reviewing your game just yet.

(2 hours played)
    "Built a ship, attacked a station, died, no more money, 0/10 would not play again, wait for a sale"

Yes, I'm joking, but people are making their buying decisions like this now.

Reaction score
    I'm just not sure you want a bunch of 13 year olds reviewing your game just yet.

(2 hours played)
    "Built a ship, attacked a station, died, no more money, 0/10 would not play again, wait for a sale"

Yes, I'm joking, but people are making their buying decisions like this now.
    This is exactly what is going to happen if some of the game's mechanics aren't reviewed carefully before releasing it on Steam.

For instance, it would be a good idea to make a player always re-spawn with at least a core. It's also a good idea to check whether the AI isn't too vicious or spawn-happy (like 20 of them spawning in one sector) or whether the player understands what he should do (tutorial must be good enough).

Adding achievements could also be very helpful, something like "visit a planet" will ensure players understand that they can actually land on the planets for instance.

Finally, it's going to be of crucial importance that all server owners understand what is going to come with steam release. There will very likely be a massive wave of players incoming, server owners should make sure they have enough staff and power to handle those players and not forget to put caps on their player-count if they can't take it, to spread the load. A lot of players are instantly going to jump online (as we saw with the "Yogsstorm"), so making a good impression there will be very beneficial to the game. I assume this is a reason why servers got enhanced so much all the time regarding performance :D

It's also a good idea to elaborately point people to the website on the store page, people can use the live-chat here for quick questions and such and get involved more easily with the community like that. You don't want them to mass up at the steam forums while putting your focus on this site or social media, Starbound made that mistake and now look at their store page/steam-forums.

Reaction score
    Well, I'm glad that turret ranges were fixed, that was annoying. And looking forward to all the changes coming up, should be fun.