1. 17th of July, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.

StarMade 0.14 RELEASE

Discussion in 'News' started by schema, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Arbiter7000

When this update came out I tried to update it and then it updated but then said Update so I clicked it and I was still on version9 and I don\'t understand how to fix it please help I don\'t know what to do!

2. BillGHero

Same here. The game actually ground to a near halt for me. But it is alpha so...

3. Crystalyzer

You could try download the update from this newspost and copy the contents into your Starmade folder.

Be sure to backup if you don\'t like unpleasant surprises ;)

4. adamo265

I remeber a time where building large ships was possible with 60 FPS :P I bet i\'m the only one who can no-longer do this :P

5. aceface

I can\'t send bug reports it says unknownhostexceptionstar-made.org

:(

6. marcus87

ok I think I know what happened. The game converts the \"old\" ship to the new system. Try to let it load completely then save it as a new blueprint and buy that one then. That should do it. at least that´s what I was told.

7. busterbleede

this new update is jsut awsome it has every thing, im only running into a dropped frame rate. But i bet that that will be solved to the future?

starmade is turnign in to a master work more and more keep this up

8. aceface

yeah you know when you fire amcs and they don\'t go the way you want them to, here\'s an easy fix!!

Make projectiles_additive velocity to true in server.cfg

and also make projectile velocity to 2.0

9. LaForge

Dang so I guess the official server won\'t be updated?

10. flpsantoss

After this long and great update, i think Schema is taking a break after so many coding.

But the question is, what happens now? for the next month he will be fixing bugs and looking at the player feedback. But i want to know what is the next step in the features, changes or others like the website and launcher.

Thanks Schema for delivering this game

11. aceface

personally I think it would be awesome to have a q & a with schema himself, but then again I think that will not be the best for him since it takes a lot of free time to do so.

12. Omegacybran

Hey Schema.

I noticed a very annoying bug. It seems StarMade has a synchronisation problem sometimes. For example:

Someone made a gel for target practice but it was in spawn since it was protected. So he moved the ship about 2 sectors away so it was still in vision range but out of spawn. When I moved toward it I suddenly got the warping out of collission error and it was spazzing out my ship. It also wouldn\'t stop colliding while I was clearly about 1000m out of range of the Gel. To be more precise it said my turrets were colliding while they were standing perfectly still.

I hope this can get fixed cuz its frustrating when you get colissions while its not there.

-OmegaCybran

13. General_R

I seem to have my ship warping all over the place, even though it is not going very fast.

It happens when changing sectors it bumps up the speed dramatically, even when I am clearly braking.

I hope this gets fixed sometime, as it is annoying.

14. Superman_44

Really this update seems awsome but whenever I try to fire a cannon or a salvage cannon it crashes. I have already tried turning down the quality and turning off any unnessesary functions but it just keeps crashing. Please fix this I really enjoy this game and right now I can\'t play it

15. aceface

don\'t comment bugs, send in bug reports instead, schema actually reads them.

16. RA2lover

Have you considered using LuaJIT?

17. william.brack

Is update 0.14 in the new launcher?

18. TheBlueThunder

TheBlueThunder Algorithm of hacks

Great work Schema keep it up! The game is getting better and better!

19. aceface

I dreamt last night that Schema had added the new weapon system :D

20. General_R

I wonder what will be coming up in the next update that wasn\'t already announced.