StarMade 0.09473: Security Fix

Reaction score
    Come on now schema, you should have released the change log for the previous build 7 hours ago!

Reaction score
    Somehow this and the last update did something to the \"protected.txt\" file that caused certain players to have authentication issues (as reported several times in the bug section).

For me the fix was to delete the file and to let people re-uplink their account so it would be saved in a freshly generated file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    if code is the server is requested is the same as the client supplied, the client is who he says he is.

...or it is an owner of a malicious server which has highjacked the cookie (code) when the client was trying to log in. The cookie should be stamped with the identity of the server which client attempts to join in order to prevent a malicious server from tricking the user into attempting connection to his server and then using the code to connect to another server (and possibly doing something nasty on it once he logs in as the poor user). I hope this is how you do it, only you just didn\'t describe the details above.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This attack may still be performed just after the client sends the token but before it decides that the login has \"timed out\" and failed. There is a window (and has to be in this architecture) where the malicious server is given time to verify the token. If it is enough time to log in and be verified on another server, then the attack is successfull.

Look in my other post for a solution which is not vurnerable for this type of attack.

Reaction score
    I am not sure what version this started in but Shops are very rare. I am able to get shops by upping the spawning precentages, but it is really annoying.

Reaction score
    Not sure about you but on a server i am unable to buy my ship, we think it is due to it\'s size, given that the turrets spawn an all as do like 12 power blocks.

I do not think this occured before this recent patch,If you could look into this i would be grateful.

Reaction score
    I found out that it dosen\'t work in SP either...I just lost my biggest ever ship, that sucks.

Reaction score
    Great that you\'re fixing the security problems and all, but it seems like I cannot find any shops at all. No matter how far I fly away there are non on the navigation map. This didn\'t happen before the update.

Reaction score
    What\'s wrong with the starmade account and log in servers? I can\'t as well as others can\'t get on starmade because the accounts are messed up at the moment.

Reaction score
    DNS issue in germany most likely, several sites including ours were affected too for some people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    an easy fix would be to remove the turrets, and buy them separate. a fix that schema should add, is to add to the credit cap. adding to the caps, would make it so us large scale players, will be able to have our fun.

Reaction score
    Welcome to our fellow audience, and it\'s time for the news! Now, we give word to schema, the creator the well-known game StarMade, where you can build a starship with cubes! Schema?

Reaction score
    Trying to open storage chests from ship core that no longer exist cause a crash, no mystery there.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Don\'t bother posting this, there was a lot of suggestions on forum about this. This should be easy to implement thou, if you keep in mind that some kind of mechanics like that is already in the game (admin command /change_sector). If it also will depend of power (and show us how much power we will need to jump like 10km away) we have on our ship, and completely disable shields after jump, this could be good enough and balanced.

So, schema, can we have jump drives now? xD

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Brace yourselves...Schema\'s going to release the bomb soon (6 days and counting)!