StarMade 0.09396: Docking area fix & Shooting direction fix

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for working on this so hard it is much appreciated by many in the community. The last update was great I was able to update my server finally lol since almost all my ships and planets have turrets and docked ships. I have noticed something with the new update that I believe is a bug. The orientation of the dock (for turrets and maybe ship docks but i noticed it on the turrets) has to be inline with the direction of the ship or planet otherwise it won\'t dock which isn\'t a big deal on ships cause you mostly make them all in the same direction anyway. On planets however there is no real \"forward\" so if you make the turret perpendicular to your other turrets the same sized turret won\'t fit in that one b/c its docking box isn\'t facing the same direction. Dunno if this is intended but I\'m guessing probably not just thought I would post this so if anyone is having trouble docking things this could be it. Again thanks for all the hard work and keep it up this game is every bit as addictive as minecraft.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i noticed that the docking system lines the docking module up with the ships core. Which is a problem for me because I very rarely make my ships core the center of the ship making me have to make my dock way bigger than it actually needs to be. What would be awesome is either add a new block that you put on the ship as a \"docking\" block or you could just center the ships/turrets docking box in the center on the bottom of the docks docking box. Not sure if this is on your radar but this small change would make docks a lot more accurate and wouldn\'t force people to build ships with the core directly in the center.