StarMade 0.09396: Docking area fix & Shooting direction fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

It was a very stressful week, and I hope very much that this update will fix the docking bugs.

Docking

As for problems that may relate to bugs that the initial update actually meant to fix, a select few docking configurations may not work and the players have to refit. But this is only because they violated the docking area anyway, but the bug let them dock.

For testing and to find out why your turret is not allow to be docked, I also included a new admin command and server config entry to make consistent. use /ignore_docking_area to switch it on and off. When on, the docking area indicator in build mode will be colored purple if that ship would not be a valid dock in normal circumstances.

Shooting Direction

A very old bug that finally got fixed. The bug messed with the direction lasers are shot on clients if fired from another sector. That made it look like players and AI were aiming at completely nothing while they are actually shooting at you. The bullets would still hit on server and players would lose blocks without them seeing getting actually shot.

I hope this one doesn't need a hot fix for once, but I apologize in advance if it does. I'll check the comments of this news in an hour. Please don't use the comments on the news for suggestions, as possible problems players are having with a new release are getting buried.

Thanks to all who tested the prebuilds, and helped fixing these bugs!

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Not sure how everyone else feels, but I do appreciate all of the hard work and time put into weeding out the bugs and making starmade the best it can be. Lets hope for smoother weeks to come and a chance to catch your breath.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    damm so hard work, respect Schema, i was working on one game and dropped it out after 6 days :D respect,respect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This made my starmade go to version 0.0 and my game keeps trying to update it, even if I already have

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yodaman598,

you might just need to delete the folder and redownload the whole thing. I had to do that for the last update.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    NOOOOOO WHY U DO DIS! now i have to replace 500 turrets+docked ships all over again :\'(

Reaction score
    Your dedication to this game and it\'s quality continues to astound me. As it stands, however, this update has caused a bug you have addressed previously to spring up again. I was playing a few minutes ago and as i stopped by my station, my ship and I began to move away, as if we were falling. Something to do with the celestial bodies orbiting, if I recall from a previous update?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    After this update, turrets have 100% accuracy... So, if we have turret with 2-3km distance.. it will wiping out all enemy in 10-20 sec... bore

Reaction score
    I will take terrifyingly perfect accuracy over them never hitting anything. Besides, an AI is supposed to perform near-flawlessly.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'m still having an issue with being told the turret doesn\'t fit when the box is clearly twice the size of the turret and I had an identical turret dock fine on a smaller platform, It\'s a sideways facing turret. I\'ll test the other side now too

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That explains how those two pirate ships were wiped out so fast when they attacked... They do need some inacurracy but they were really pathetic before.

Reaction score
    The problem is that the core is in the center of the green box, not the center of the blue box. As far as I know, it is a feature, not a bug.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah I figured out both the problems I was having, it was just a little confusing at first but this works well. Hopefully in the future though we will have an option to not have the core be at the center for the docking area.

Reaction score
    i like every little update, it make me feel the game upgrade. i don\'t matter if there is some bug at this stage, i like to see the update.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I have ignore_docking_area true and when ship is spawned, it works. The problem occurs when I undock and try to dock again. It says to me that docking area is blocked...

Reaction score
    There are many things I like about this update and a few that are frightening

1 - The docking areas are fixed, I consider this a mixed blessing. This forced me to redesign all my turrets yet at the same time it made my turret designs easier to build as I now know the exact limitations of what is and is not allowed. The only thing that would make this better is if the docking modules told you exactly the length, with and height limitations

2 - The turrets are accurate. I like this because I build long range bombardment turrets for my bases, this ends fights with pirates almost instantly. Now all turrets and AI controlled craft are frighteningly accurate to a sniping surgeon\'s precision. If bases and station turrets kept this accuracy while ship turrets lost some accuracy I would not mind. The original accuracy was atrocious with my base/station turrets One in up to 200 shots hit. Do I consider AI controlled craft overpowered, not really such accuracy is to be expected from AI, do I consider turrets unbalanced? No because of how difficult Turrets are to set up and use.