StarMade 0.09375: Critical bugfix & updated textures

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcometo StarMade,

due to an optimization to gel rid of lag for others when people are joining servers, the authentication system got broken, as in, fully ignored. This led to some serious problems with in-game security.

Admins should immediately update their servers!

But there is also something new in this update. Beetlebear updated the textures:

New Ice, Earthlike, Marslike, Purple and Sand planet textures. I've also redone the minerals in a higher resolution ( 2x higher than last time ) and also to match the new master pattern designed for organic textures ( the planet textures ). I've also updated the lava with better coloring and a slightly less busy pattern/animation, check it out!
    There is also an easter egg, but I'm not going to tell anyone

Also, a little bug causing stacks of items to vanish if a higher number then one stack is sold is fixed.

The update is uploading right now and should be available shortly!

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there a thing that allows clients to upload custom block configs to servers when uploading a ship with custom blocks?

Reaction score
    I found it in the general section, is this the easter egg you\'re talking about?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I saw that as well. It also can\'t be the pyramids, because they have been on desert planets for at least a few updates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The hanging light, although useful possibly in personal quarters, it is just a light on a stick that is 1*1*1

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After I updated to this version, it said I could run or update again, but it also said down the bottom \"v0.0 build undefined. A new version is avalible and when I run Single or Multi player, it doesn\'t open?? Can anyone help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I got upload working, but now I get stuck at the Login screen, It says \"Logging in a C1TRUS\" and then an Error message comes up, I\'ve tried re-installing and logging out of my account and just using a nickname and an error still come up, Someone please help :)

Reaction score
    Major problem. I\'m getting a version compaitbility issue because the server side of the game is two versions behind the client side of the game. You might\'ve forgotten to update the version tag on the server side of the game\'s code. Some of us can\'t play because the game is seeing half of its code as outdated, and even singple player uses server architecture.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    erm, no. The singleplayer is one and the same file, and the server of singleplayer is therefore always the same version as the client.

The other thing is that server admins have to update their version on their side. It won\'t do that automatically. They use the same version checking, when the launcher is started.

You either have to wait for the server to be updated by the admin, or find another one for the time being that is.

Reaction score
    I am getting this error even when trying to play single player, otherwise I would agree with you.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    what version does the launcher say you have? My only explanation would be a faulty installation wiping the version data

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can not start up my game either, and I don\'t know how to back up my files before doing a clean install.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you head to sector 8 8 8 in the middle of the sun there is supposed to be a block in there, that might be it?

Reaction score
    The client version is two versions ahead of the server version. Because even single player behaves like a private server, the game won\'t run. I have a topic in the bugs forum.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Man no ship can survive in the sun since it\'s damage is huge or am I mistaken? Put down the ship download if it can.