StarMade 0.09374: individual balancing & lots of fixes *hotfixed*

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

this update contains a very special feature. It's now possible for server to modify their BlockConfig, and make their universe even more custom.

Hotfix (if you haven't updated yet today, please ignore)

Fixed error on servers that only changed block config.
    Fixed error where some data was not correctly re-initialized after config download
    Fixed error where wrong property file could have been used
    NOTE: This hotfix is a client update. Servers do not have to be updated or restarted.

Custom block configuration

Server admins can now modify the BlockConfig.xml (either by hand or the modding tool), and it will automatically be downloaded by all clients that connect to the server. To safe bandwidth, a caching system is in place, and the file will only be downloaded if it is not the default config, or if the already cached file is different.

This way, servers can make their own economy. I will change the default values in the future to values I experience on servers. This way the balancing progress for the vanilla configuration will go much faster, since every modded server basically helps in testing.

Navigation Filter

The navigation panel can now be filtered by object type. Asteroids are switched of by default.

Fixes & Improvements

- only one player in a ship will pick up items
    - fixed exploit where not all items were removed when selling multiple stacks on quantity
    - fixed exploit where item could be picked up by multiple players at the same time
    - fixed bug where sounds from objects (like shops) in other sectors would be played
    - integer overflow protection for item count
    - fixed exit point source of astronauts to the block that was entered
    - redesigned login process to deligate starmade site authentication to an unsynched thread so no lag-spike would happen on login
    - escape will now close any open panel and only enter the main menu if there is no more panel open
    - fixed bug where graphics of removed objects would remain for a while
    - fixed sun sector shader and damage
    - added warning when taking damage from sun
    - fixed a few typos in tutorial
    - cleaned up client entity object calculation to be more robust (beams, etc... not working)
    - fixed flare functionality

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    im glad that exape does that now, u wouldnt belive the amount of time i try to get out of a menu with it, and when im in a build block it would completly mess it up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    im glad that exape does that now, u wouldnt belive the amount of time i try to get out of a menu with it, and when im in a build block it would completly mess it up

Reaction score
    For some reason the server wouldnt give me the .properties file that it says its missing.

Fix for this is to make the .properties file yourself inside the client-database folder.

Reaction score
    I forgot to mention it has to be placed inside your client-database folder, not the servers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What about fixing the bug that when you exit a ship when it is flying you glitch out? I would like to see this fixed. :D

Reaction score
    I believe the new version servers are bugged, files arent being downloaded properly.

Reaction score
    Sorry for the spam, but it still wont download the .properties file when I attempt to join my server when it has an editted block.

It works fine when nothing is editted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice update!

What i really think could be better, is the price for that glass thing, it should be expensive in shop, but when you sell it to the shop, it should be very cheap. This is to make harvesting and making money harder, as i feel i got rich within the first few minutes of a game...

Love the game tho, keep it up!

Reaction score
    It all sounds awesome, (I really like Esc closing other panels) and then... I didn\'t know there were flares in StarMade! To the missile tech!

Reaction score
    Great update, a lot of important fixes of issues that have bugged me, and the custom blockconfig :D

keep it up!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How do i update a deticated server :)? Please help asap! this new update snuck up on me :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, can we have a way to drag blocks in build mode, I built everything 2 blocks under where I wanted it to be and I\'ll have to rebuild it all. Also when I say drag I really mean move blocks so I could change where the ship core is because you can\'t destroy it thanks :)

Kra

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now when I try to sell a stack larger than the shop can stock, the entire stack is deleted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a server that runs for people and when i start it up and run it and join it red text comes up saying does not responed bal bal 93402390480 seconds.. and tehres nothing on the screen?