StarMade 0.09372: Whitelists & teleport bug & uploading

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

Whitelisting now available

After you start the game once the options in the server.cfg will get available, as well as the whitelist.txt

You can also use the new admin commands (I will post them in the help article shortly) to do it on the fly.

Whitelist mode has to be activated either by server.cfg or the admin command.

Uplaoding fix

I hope the upload of ships will now finally work again.

Teleport Bug Fixed

I think I finally managed to fix this one. At least I hope so since its occurrance is as random as it gets.

Technical:

a bug on two sides. Both were lag dependent, and didn't happen on fast systems in singleplayer (with few smaller ships). I purposely capped my system performance and network speed, so it started to happen. I made some triggers to catch it

First reason was that the server had a chance to send a position update for a player character before the exit happened, or while it was happening with a wrong position (the position you stepped into the core), and that overwrote the position for the exit.

the other one was the server being in a sector change for multiple objects sending one to the client right at exit (from the bad position of the first bug), and causing a sector change but the position was set from the exit, teleporting the player one or more sectors away

Other fixes, and small things

- fixed crash on chain docking attempt (server keeps crashing)
    - fixed import for older ships (downloaded from the site)
    - fixed ambience sound and made it more quiet
    - fixed crash if protection file gets corrupted
    - fixed in-game sound volume setting
    - fixed red flashing for players that are not hit (hopefully)
    - some small tweaks for server performance
    - implemented filter for join/disconnect msgs
    - mouse sensitivity can now be increased 3 times as high

The invisibug is unfortunately still not fixed. Please post here what you were doing when it happens, also check the rightmost number in the gui debug info after [CL SEG A/F; D], if it's zero or more.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The ship teleporting bug is fixed?!

HALLE FRIKKIN LUJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Uploading isnt fixed, When im buying my ship again it takes my money no ship comes to me and the small dot on the map thats suppoused to be my new ship is only there for a sec

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And! my plex door wont let me go though i have to break my ship then put it back to go though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey schema.

Thanks but now our server is freezing after around 12 hours. At this time it is using 1.2 GB memory and completely stops responding. Is there a possibility to send you a logfile or speak to you on TS (btw im german too)?

Regards

CoopY

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also the weird MP bug where me and my friend on a private server didn\'t encounter any pirates even though we explored a lot is gone too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game is amazing for only being in alpha, cant wait to see what the future updates will add and change!