StarMade 0.0936: Sound Core Switch & more fixes (+docking fix) (+NullPointerFix)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

this version hopefully fixes several issues with sound.

New Sound Library

I switched for the the slick library to the paulscode libraries. They seem to be much more robust and faster. This already shows as the load time of the game did decrease by a lot (with sound on). Please check for eventual crashes the integration of the new system into starmade might cause, and report them so I can fix them as soon as possible.

Fixes and other optimizations

- catalog upload should be fixed (please test)

- AI nullpointer should be fixed

- optimization by removing some debug methods, and caching some calls

- symmetry planes can now always be set in advanced build mode

Docking Fix

An object, that is being writing to disk will now check if it is queued for docking but not yet docked. Before, this state could happen when AI, or something brushing by the sector could cause the object to load, queue up its previous dock, and then get written to disk immediately without actually executing the dock, effectively voiding the dock, so it would be undocked next time it gets loaded. It will in this case now save the queue and load it next time.

Sorry for uploading the additional update so fast. I just had a flash in my mind what might have been causing the random undocking, so I had to implement that immediately.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

EDIT: hotfix for a NullPointer crash that happens with some debug output pointing to a possible null object's toString function (notice: this update does not need a server update)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I absolutely LOVE the new sound library! Everything sounds louder and more theatrical! :D

My only question is, will there ever be sound effects added for when shields are hit? I\'d like to see that for sure!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Unfortunately though, the teleporting-away when exiting ship core bug is still a big problem for me! I don\'t know why but it\'s still not fixed on my end...

Also, I suspect the bug of ships clipping into one another at sector borders has returned... I encountered that with a loose super-turret i made right after the update

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    TT I really need a way to reproduce this bug. It\'s really kicking my ass.

The clipping can still occur on some constellations, I haven\'t yet made a special case for. But I also made a slight optimization for that two updates ago that might cause it (I have to check on that)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yeah, there is going to be a lot more effects. I\'m planning to make a thread with missing sound effects. People can check on all the sounds that are already available in /data/audio-resource/ to help me get the right sounds for the right occasions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Additionally, sound and music still cut off at times. I started up the game and the space ambient music was working, then a few seconds later after moving around it cut off. Docking the turrets only plays the first split-second portion of the docking sound then cuts off, yet sometimes it plays normally like it should. I think it has to do with how long I hold down the docking beam button after docking the turret

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Okay never mind, it works fine when you\'re not inside a ship, but when you are in a ship core the sound cuts off

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh wait, actually it doesnt... sorry for the confusion here! The music DOES sometimes cut off when outside the ship core.

Reaction score
    Perhaps when the collison detection kickes in, it teleports the coliding objects one block away untill they are not colliding?