StarMade 0.08975: Player Protection

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This update features a new option for server admins (default is off): required user authentication!

It works like this: If you log into a server that has authentication enabled with an uplinked client, the username you logged in with will be registered under your star-made.org name and be protected from other users. This means, this name can only be used on that server, if you uplink via the uplink menu in the Game Login Screen.
    Only one protected name is possible, so if you log in uplinked on the same server with another player name, the protected will switch to the new name.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thought this feature might be a good idea today, so I uplinked to star-made.org with my password and now my account on this server is inaccessible. \"server reject:this name is protected on this server!\"

YES I KNOW I TOLD YOU TO PROTECT IT!

As you can see, Im posting this as the user named \"krakk\" so why am I protected from logging in as krakk!? I am extremely annoyed with this because I was in the middle of something when I accidentally locked myself out of the server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So turns out this name got linked to my other account somehow and theres apparently no way to change which IGN is linked to accounts....