StarMade 0.08899: New Mineral Textures & more

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,
    I was sick yesterday and could barely move, but now I'm feeling better. This Update has a major improvement to the mineral textures, as well as an update to block descriptions. Furthermore, a lot of bug fixes, and server features.

New Mineral Textures
    Mineral textures have been updated by Beetlebear and now look a lot more integrated and organic. This is also a big step forward to the soon to come mineral quality levels.
    Also, the icons have been update and fixed for every new block, including the sprite style blocks (e.g. flowers)

Door
    Door module is now available to build on ships

New & Fixed Admin Commands

• give_category_items with category "terrain" fixed

• destroy_entity admin command now works with selected entity

• sector_chmod admin command: This command enables the admin to set a sector to a certain mode. Modes can be added or removed with the operator "+" or "-". Possible modes are "peace" for the sector to not spawn any enemies, and "protect" for the sector to disable block destruction by weapons (protection from missiles will come in the next update). An example for the command is: "/sector_chmod 8 8 8 + protect" to forbid any weapon damage in the sector (8,8,8). "/sector_chmod 8 8 8 - protect" would remove that mode and therefor weapon damage in 8,8,8 would be allowed again.

• shop_restock: restocks the selected shop

Server Config
    A system for a server config has been started. The server config is already client consistent (the client will download the server's config). There are only two options available at the moment, but there will soon be more, now that the system stands and is working. For more information on how to use the server config, look at server-template.cfg in your StarMade directory. If the system doesn't find any server config on startup, a default will automatically be created. A server config cannot yet be edited while the server is running (restart required).

Bugfixes and Performance improvements

• A new method to write entities to disk. Once in a while I received server crashes from admins, which had as cause a corrupt sector or star system. The only possible reason for this to happen is either the server crashing in the middle of a writing operation, or two threads writing the same file at the same time. The new method will not touch the old file, but create a temporal file first, then blocks all access to the old file, and overwrites it with the temporal file. This will make sure that the file system of starmade is always consistent.

• Performance of BluePrint reading has been increased: This will improve the server performance when spawning entities, or in any catalog related methods.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    I really like the sector modes. I could see a lot of fun to be had by all if you use it right on a server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    FYI, seems shops are broken and the servers arent exactly stable.
    "/shop_restock" crashed my server.
    Reports sent to schema!

Pilots, fight the sinister Bug Empire!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I noticed another bug : all the entries in my catalog appear twice in game.