StarMade 0.061 - Play Date Wrap Up

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade
    The playdate is over, and the server gained a lot of stability from the experience. Also, we had a ton of fun.

Play Date
    After a initial bug, which I was able to fix with a quick release, there were around 10 people on the server at times, building and trying out their ships. I even spawned 10 AI Mobs (5 for each team) which brought some additional action into the game. I loved the different strategies and builds people were trying, like a long stick with several explosive cells each 10 blocks to crash their way deep into the enemy base.
    There will also soon be a video of the play date available.

Bugs
    Unfortunately, there were still some crashes we had to endure, although the server ran without any problem for most of the time, even handling a lot more load as it should have thanks to a bug. There was a big lag when people joined a game where already more then two people were playing. Also, there were some racing conditions that froze the server two times. Fortunately though, people were able to save their ships locally and were able to upload them again to a restarted server.

Fixes
    I was able to fix all causes for the server crashes as well as the freezes. I also waltzed to 20+ bug reports, and solved almost every single issue.

• Fixed server crash caused by making log entry when re-synchronizing clients.

• Fixed server freeze on kills of players, where the kill announcement could induce a deadlock.

• Fixed server crash if client connection was broken during a re-synchronization.

• Fixed server crash if a uploaded ship file is corrupt.

• Fixed odd behavior of clients and several crashes, because entering and exiting ships was done for every client.

• Fixed rare crash on client startup.

• Fixed lag, when people join the game (when already >2 people are in the game). Still untested though.

Preview
    I'm now going to fully concentrate on space stations and their new block types. There will be inventory stashes and finally a way to use harvested materials.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema