StarMade 0.058 - Let there be Light

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,
    There are three all new modules available: The light module, the flare module, and the cockpit module.

Light
    This module is for interior decoration of your ship or space station. It pretty much does, what its name promises. It provides light in dark areas. The engine uses an ambient occlusion technique to archive fast updates of block lighting.

Flare
    The flare module also provides light, with the difference, that it also makes a nice flare to decorate the outer hull of your ship or station. I would not recommend to use it indoors since the flare is quite large, but hey, it's your decision.

Cockpits
    Finally, there is a cockpit module in the game. You can now switch (using the arrow keys) between all cockpits in the ship, giving you the exact view of your ship, that you need. Cockpit switching has a smooth transition, so you it won't be confusing to where you switch next.

Other Noteworthy Fixes & Updates
    I have completely rewritten the code for element grouping. There was a bottleneck which lead to big lags or even memory or stack shortage in some cases on really big ships with groups larger than 3000 elements. The updating of the grouping will now much more smoother, not slowing down the game by much. The bottleneck can't occur anymore, since the groups are now updating over time and not all in one update.

Things to Come
    I will now fully focus on Space Stations as a goal for next week. Also check out Reddit.com . There will probably be a multiplayer play date for StarMade next weekend, where can meet nice people and play some multiplayer StarMade. Everyone is happily invited!

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema