Starbit server conspiracy

Does this seem like admin abuse to you?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Your quote is misleading. Our complete rule/line reads (emphasis is mine):
    • Repeated unprovoked bullying or targeting of specific individuals or groups, over a period of time, for minimal material gain.
    Oh that's funny, considering the same day after the server reset UGA was attacked by Saychys of Hermitude and Jackie of Volcom Pirates before we could do anything. Both sat at our homebase for HOURS repeatedly killing us while we were showing no signs of retaliation at that point. The only indication we had before for any of the hostility was a question: "UGA, can you defend your homebase?" 30 seconds later, "I'll take that silence as a no and a disrespect." Even after they left, Jackie left his drones at our homebase so we couldn't leave without immediately being fired upon by dozens of them. Which once again, lasted 2 or 3 hours. And the entire reason they gave us for doing it is that they wanted us farther away from their own base. They didn't even claim the system after we left, so they gained absolutely NOTHING from that attack. And what did you rule we we appealed to you about this? It's fair-game.

Aside from that, let's talk about how after the attack Saychys was helping us get back on our feet while we moved our homebase. He gave us one of his ships, an Innsmouth Hauler, and guess what happened to it? It mysteriously disappeared, refactioned to Hermitude and docked at spawn station. Considering Saychys gave us another after we told him what happened that really only points in one direction when looking for a culprit.

But here's the kicker: Let's talk about ALL the ships you've been deleting off our our homebase for no reason. For the past month we've come onto the server to find ships missing from their docks, their turrets still floating in space right where the ship use to be, still and un-moving, Now I don't know about you, but to my knowledge there is only one person with the /destroy_entity_structure command on server. And that would be you. If you truly were innocent in all of this, you would be actively seeking out faction leads and officers and coming up with ways to remedy the situation and possibly amend the rules/configs rather than hollowly linking your own forums, where at this point, it should be blatantly clear that we don't trust you enough to have such a conversation in place where you have free range to delete and edit our inputs. Instead, you've been trying to defend yourself and your actions and sway people that your decision was the *right* decision and that you couldn't have possibly made a mistake or took things too far.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    By using an in-game flaw to attack me that was breaking the rules. Napther was to keep away from me while I was to keep away from him he obviously could not handle that. I have had my share of disagreements with Erth over various subjects and I will not get into them right now. SS is by far much worse and I think Eldiwyn post should get more attention. I am no ones lap dog I answer to me myself and I period. I would have destroyed anyone who dared attack my faction hoe and you know it or did you forget the fact that my fleet reigned superior to your one massive ship. The ai simply cannot handle hundreds of entities attacking it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464815054,1464814948][/DOUBLEPOST]You also would have caused a sharp response from the rest of the server Piano with your stupid plans. You were simply outnumbered and outgunned yet you fail to realize that. Plus you guys should just realize that exploiting an in-game flaw like taking away my stations using ramming drones so that I cannot find out who it was exactly without an admin's help is extremely childish and would not have worked as I have 105k FP's.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464815140][/DOUBLEPOST]Then there's the fact that several SS admins joined the server in order to harass me all of the time for leaving SS. This is a common tactic of your friends Piano.
    The stations werent taken away via ramming drones. They were destroyed normally we just are friendly so there was no war declaration. Also a logic driven warhead missile is NOT an exploit.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464818478][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The stations werent taken away via ramming drones. They were destroyed normally we just are friendly so there was no war declaration. Also a logic driven warhead missile is NOT an exploit.
    Also neither of those tactics are against any rule and regardless of whether we would have succeeded or not, that was the end goal. Even my unfactioned warheads I know weren't against the rules, as I asked Erth specifically describing the design before using them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464818628][/DOUBLEPOST]And as far as my ship on SS you are referring to goes, you must be confused because we never fought. Your ships wouldn't have broken my shields. So outmanned? Maybe. Outgunned? Definately not.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464818923][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464818478][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Also neither of those tactics are against any rule and regardless of whether we would have succeeded or not, that was the end goal. Even my unfactioned warheads I know weren't against the rules, as I asked Erth specifically describing the design before using them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464818628][/DOUBLEPOST]And as far as my ship on SS you are referring to goes, you must be confused because we never fought. Your ships wouldn't have broken my shields. So outmanned? Maybe. Outgunned? Definately not.
    So as the rules are stated "intentional griefing against the server" (which the swarmers werent) and "constantly attacking with no end goal of resource gain"(which wasn't the case) neither rule that was allegedly broken was actually broken. Thus the abusive admin case lives on.

Reaction score
    In all honesty Erth. I have seen more things happen on this server that warrant admin action without receiving any attention from you. You are dishonest, cheap, pathetic, and all around just an ABUSIVE MOD. And the fact that you have rules on your server saying that we are not allowed to call you out on playing favorites or call you an abusive mod is ridiculous. You are basically saying we are not allowed to demand a fair game. You are a poison as a Mod. In all honesty I think that you are self-centered, Power hungry, Abusive, Unfair, and all around just a very very poor moderator.

Reaction score
    And they rejoined the server at my request because I knew they were people who could help me take you down for your resources on the server. I played the double agent diplomatically speaking and kept our relations good so we would be free to raid you in your eventual downfall.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ultimately if you keep trying to deny being wrong in any way instead of taking critique, your server is the one in which will suffer. People will voice out their complaints all they want, but if they see no imminent change then they'll just leave the server, simple as that.

Last edited:

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    There's some really odd accusations in this thread now, some of which are (AFAIK) topics already covered elsewhere. In others, I'm getting a lot more credit than I deserve, for game bugs, or other oddities.

For those of you seeking long-term solutions. I encourage you to throw your weight behind improved in-game auditing functions, towards supporting more sustainable logging, or just seeking improved consistency in faction news/territory reports.

For BitMinery community members, please check out my latest posting.

Fly Safe,
    - ErthParadine

Reaction score
    The childish comments from members of a proud community are quite sad. I have been on a lot worse servers including SS which used to be fun but turned into a total "abuse" world. Your tactic failed Piano as you would have been crushed by simple superior forces. You really did not understand how many people you pissed off.
    Lol I beg to differ? Approximately 80% of the community so far agrees with me. Also how is trying to expose abuse of admin power childish? We were looking for somewhere to have fun until EE2 goes live and simple, non rulebreaking tactics for pvp were considered against the rules on a declared pvp server.

Reaction score
    If 80% of the community agreed with this post then there would be a lot more posts on here since the community is over 200k players strong. The people replying to this are the ones I have seen on lots of other posts as being trouble makers or have pissed a lot of other players off.

Reaction score
    If 80% of the community agreed with this post then there would be a lot more posts on here since the community is over 200k players strong. The people replying to this are the ones I have seen on lots of other posts as being trouble makers or have pissed a lot of other players off.
    Please tell me you know what the words "so far" mean

Reaction score
    I have a brick ship of my own Napther I will also find whatever rule I can on the forums to get a way to complain against you for user-user harassment. I have made it clear and simple to you, leave me alone.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464825198,1464825165][/DOUBLEPOST]Furthermore I will be reporting anymore inflammatory comments against me.

Reaction score
    I have a brick ship of my own Napther I will also find whatever rule I can on the forums to get a way to complain against you for user-user harassment. I have made it clear and simple to you, leave me alone.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464825198,1464825165][/DOUBLEPOST]Furthermore I will be reporting anymore inflammatory comments against me.
    Don't play on pvp servers in the future. Problem solved.

Reaction score
    Whatever kid. I will also be leaving this post for the record so I do not have to deal with anymore childish spam. Lastly if any of you decide to give me grief here on the forums and any of my subsequent posts I will report you directly to the Schine moderator team.

Reaction score
    "Inflammatory comments" So in other words you will report people who disagree with you? How hyppocritical.

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IF you dont want to be attacked, don't play on a server that advertises Pvp. Go to single player. Go to a creative build server. Or make your own private server.

As for brick ship. You mean those star destroyers right? As one so vehemently opposed to these ships I doubt you have anything larger and any less detailed and shapeless than those.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464826050][/DOUBLEPOST]Also singling out a player to attack in game or even a group of them isn't harassment. It's targeted PvP
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464826205][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Whatever kid. I will also be leaving this post for the record so I do not have to deal with anymore childish spam. Lastly if any of you decide to give me grief here on the forums and any of my subsequent posts I will report you directly to the Schine moderator team.
    Just like to say that the phrase 'listen kid' is also condescending and antagonistic to provoke a response. Just saying.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    In the past, we have tried to tolerate "servers reviews", and so far all of them have had to be locked.

On one hand, we like the freedom of being able to discuss one's experience on a community server. However, so far all of them have been disagreements with the rules and actions of staff members. This has rarely (if ever) led to constructive conversation, generally, if the original post hasn't already broken our Terms of Service and Rules, a number of subsequent posts will.

It seems like there's enough information here already, additionally, I've seen many reported posts in this thread. So, to ensure this doesn't spiral out of control and....

This thread is now locked.

Perhaps in the future we'll host a server list ourselves with a built-in review system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.