star wars shipyard by El_Poulpy

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Sorry, for any trouble I caused, I initially came into this thread angry because I thought that el_poulpy had stolen one of my ships, but it turns out that on a closer inspection they are not the same. I apoligize for my actions and any negativity they may have caused to el_poulpy. It seems that both of our ships were made quite accurately so I was under the impression that they it was stolen.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I guess you get to a certain point where replicas start looking like each other. Did you use the tartan from Faster than Light as a frame as well? That would explain the confusion.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello, when I first saw this thread I was quite impressed, but I am now quite sad. One of the ships that El_poulpy posted (tartan patrol cruiser) is a ship that I made, and I am quite disappointed that he would take it and claim it as his without posting any sort of credit to me. I spent a long time creating this ship and it is infuriating to see it stolen and uncredited.
    I am not quite sure how he acquired it but it appears to be a significantly older version, as I have finished the greebling and detail work on it since then.
    Here is proof that I am in fact the owner and creator, a picture of the finished ship and one of the first saves I made of it.

For those of you wanting a download, I just uploaded it to the Starmade Multiverse: http://www.starmademultiverse.com/files/file/118-tartan-patrol-cruiser/
    Maybe you should take a closer look before posting such allogations. I can spot several significat differences on first sight, so his ship is most likely not stolen.

Reactions: Jerry_Brinefield

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    (Yoda's voice >)Tsk Tsk Careful you must be when creating accusations about replicas. (< Yoda's Voice)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Trollerbobman thanks

Jerry_Brinefield don't worry i don't mind, your version is well made too. Two weeks ago there were reductions on star wars games, i bought it, launched empire at war, launched a spatial skirmich with the empire then took screencaptures.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    That's pretty sweet. I was actually looking at some of the Star Wars Gamer magazines last night and saw the YT 2000. 2:1 is the sweetspot scale imo for reproductions in Star Made for smaller ships. I don't know why but it just feels right when working with voxels.

Is that a Providence Class in the background? All I have to say is, dem curves. You're really good with those contours.

Reaction score
    2:1 being such a good scale is why Space Engineers has small scaled-down blocks for small ships. Hopefully StarMade will have such a thing one day.
    Star Wars ships in general seem like anything below a frigate would be difficult to do. They have a lot of interior space and very small turrets.

Does that Nebulon-B have any interior?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Just had a look around your Venator and WOW. It's a whole other level of badass. Unfortunately though it's so large that I can never load in the whole ship at one time. =(

Reaction score
    Just had a look around your Venator and WOW. It's a whole other level of badass. Unfortunately though it's so large that I can never load in the whole ship at one time. =(
    The default for max segments loaded is pretty low. Your computer might be able to handle more.

Reactions: Dandy
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Viridis00 thanks and yes it is a providence and no Miow22 it wasn't on purpose

Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW the nebulon B doesn't have an interior, like i explained in the first post. small scaled blocs would indeed be great

Dandy like Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW said you change parameters to load everything, with a 4 years old portable computer i can load all of these ships plus two 1km long ships in the same sector

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I saw a value for max segments but I don't know what numbers to use that will be reasonable. I mean I could put any number in that box and it could crash everything. Any recommendations?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I saw a value for max segments but I don't know what numbers to use that will be reasonable. I mean I could put any number in that box and it could crash everything. Any recommendations?
    You just have to play with it and see what works best. Start from the highest and go progressively lower. If it crashes, it crashes. I use a graphics card from late 2010 (GTX 460 SE), and I max segments and the procedural background res no problem.

Reaction score
    I have to ask: How long did it take you to make that Venator?

After looking at a bunch of oddly shapen Venators I decided to take a crack at it myself, but eventually stopped working on it. Downloading your Venator and looking at it has made me decide not to finish mine lol. I must say, very very good work and your attention to detail is just stunning.

Reaction score
    The Providence isnt even finished but it already looks better to others imo... ;p