1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Fondor Dock Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maarek Stele, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Maarek Stele

thanks you Groovrider for your kind words :)

2. Maarek Stele

Hello Fondor Fans

hope your all well

Sorry that i have not been keeping you all up-to date with the Fondor Shipyards due to because of final assignments for my uni work, and my gaming laptop's mother bored braking down and now fix and family assistant, i have been very busy man haha but we will get there so here we are some screen shoots of my progress,

1) all hangers are completed and finish with access to fighters
      2) working on corridors as we speak getting them to connect ect
      3) upgraded the communication dish " i was not happy with the first one and made a better one"
      4) re visit docking clamps " for some odd reason the clams have gone into the arm extenders dont know why but there you go Hah
      5) gravity bug issues i have notices that the gravity when dock to the shipyards effect the star destroyer which is good but some times when going to it it puts me upside down so im walking on the selling hahah
      6) added Sinner Sat alight hanger work spaces ( being fondor making the snider sat alight i made a rial spaces for them this would make scenes seem that the shipyard make them in the first places}

(ALL MOST FINISH )

after the inters is completed the next step will be to copy the it then past it on to a ship core you may be asking why well because of the angles of the docks are on a 45 ish angles i felt that it will not work right and look right so this will be the way to get around it then the next part will be to connect the ship copy corridors with the mane station giving a complete station as it is in the game

thank you with all your support and comment they help me keep motivating me and making me want to complete this faster

Kind regards

Grand Admiral Thrawn
      starmade-screenshot-0000.png
      starmade-screenshot-0002.png starmade-screenshot-0003.png starmade-screenshot-0005.png starmade-screenshot-0006.png starmade-screenshot-0007.png starmade-screenshot-0008.png starmade-screenshot-0009.png starmade-screenshot-0010.png

#22 Maarek Stele, Jul 27, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
      • Like Like x 5
    3. knjarr

This is awesome! I like the energy shield you have around the faction block, I never thought about that.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Maarek Stele

thanks Knjarr for your words, the idea for this was form game that i have played in the past the core room was inspired by Jedi outcast the mission was the Shield generate room aboard the doom giver mission, the cargo room was form Star wars Shadows of the empire Untitled1.jpg Untitled.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    5. Maarek Stele

HI all

hope your well

a very quick update for you on the Fondor Shipyards so far so good the a lot of maths and exterminating time on this has final pad off , here a quick look with the ring so far and my i add that copy this onto a ship core was a pain due to the fact that starmade dose not like Big builds copy's so i had to do it as chicks of 8 block height at a time but it final getting there

im adding the props details on as we speak and fixing arise that did not mirror propyl
      hope you will enjoy and ill keep you updated the best i can

kind regards

Maarek Stele

starmade-screenshot-0011.png starmade-screenshot-0012.png starmade-screenshot-0013.png

• Like Like x 3
    6. Maarek Stele

After doing some initial calculations, I've managed to get the parts in the right thirds, but sadly the joints are not lined up properly. On the screenshots you'll see that the anchoring top part is fine connecting to the other 2, but where those other 2 join is not quite right. I'm not sure if it might have something to do with trying to allow for odd numbers and non-straight lines which is difficult enough in Starmade. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
      starmade-screenshot-0001.png starmade-screenshot-0004.png

• Like Like x 4
    7. jayman38

jayman38 Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore

You may be using regular symmetry for building, which places the mirror split plane directly on the middle of a block. It may be worth your while to use even-symmetry, which places the mirror split plane on the edge of a block. That way, the two non-cardinal sections can meet at a singular point (instead of one whole block) and radiate from there. Note with even-symmetry, your cardinal-facing section will be an even-number of blocks wide, instead of odd. At the scale of this build, it shouldn't make much of a difference at all.

Otherwise, if it's just a matter of joining the two non-cardinal sections with a rounded line, it might benefit you to "pull" those sections up on the circle a bit, on their respective side. They would no longer be at the exact right angle (120 degrees and 240 degrees, respectively), but they'd get a bigger distance between them for a distance more in-line with the distance between them and the cardinal section.

Option #2: To avoid fighting third-sections vs. cardinal directions in Starmade, simply upgrade your structure to have four cardinal sections, instead of only 3. Not quite as Star-Wars-y as three sections, but you would no longer be fighting the game engine for your sanity.

8. SkylordLuke

This project is looking incredible ,tons of inspiration !!! dont stop :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Maarek Stele

HI guys

hope your all well

For now ill have to put this project on hold due to starting my final year at college and it is a very import year for me

if i get some free time and keep my self on top of the work load i will continue to build Fondor but it will be a very slow progress ill try my best to keep you all updated

Kind regards

Maarek Stele

• Like Like x 1