star trek styled roleplay carrier Magnus. WIP

Reaction score
    This is a ship being built from the inside out. As a result it is a tad large and may well never see use just for that fact but I am still going to finish it and release it.

However, before anyone bothers to post comments please note. This is intended for roll play meaning the crew runs around inside the ship playing, not flying all over making a massive mess of lag. Second, it is not finished, details will go into it but it is no where near ready to worry about details, all I am building at this point is the empty rooms. So what is presented here is not the finished version. However after consideration I an considering doing this in two stages, one as a first release that will be basic which will be intended for groups who like the idea but want the ship to match their own group, they will be able to refit the ship to match the ships of their current campaign without having to rip out a lot of extras put in by me. After the basic model is built with all functions in place the later models will be detailed out to match up with various groups from star trek ie: Romulan style, Borg etc. However, that is the last part of the project. The projected plan is as follows.

Basic Ship Internal Structure.

Basic Ship Internal Roll Play Elements.

Basic Ship Outer Hull.

Basic Ship Internal Structure Expansion.

Basic Ship Internal Roll Play Element Expansions.

Basic Ship External Systems (internalized).

Basic Ship Systems install and balance.

Basic Ship Main Weapons Install, test, and Config.

Basic Ship Further Internal Structure Expansions.

<------------------------ Current State (switching back and forth)

Basic Ship Further Internal Roll Play Element Expansions.

Basic Ship External Weapons Additions.

Basic Ship Systems (Recheck and if re-balance needed)

Basic Ship Finial Rechecks (systems, weapons, roll play systems)

Basic Ship (tentative) Release*

Basic Ship Refits- (I have not decided on the theme but I am leaning toward an Assimilated version)

* (exterior is planned to still be in before state at this point, minimal external update to make it in line with ships of the star trek line but no outstanding detail before refitting starts.)

However, to be clear this ship is being built in a manner so that the finished ship is not the end product, but rather the start point, so that future variations can be built from a static start point rather than having to reconstruct 10million cubic meters of ship each time. To explain the over all size of this project, almost everything has been built in pairs, so if you see a 300m hangar there is another one just like it on the other side, as well as crew areas and brigs, labs, for this reason everything is being built in a basic form so that an overall style can be worked into the ship as a whole and rather than possibly starting with a style that simply will not pass with the function of another section of the ship, using a basic style to start which can later be expanded or replaced entirely without massive refits seems to be the best course until the style and extras are the only thing left to add.

This method may seem a bit odd to most, however considering the size of the project (projected >12mil mass) and the number of people working on it (1), mistakes and delays for style refits would cause unacceptable delays. A finished basic model built to be refitted from the start will make a very wide variety of future versions not only possible but easily manageable, and quickly produced.

All that being said People may have an interest of the ships current technical status:

Mass: 976735.9
    Length: 1013m Height: 208m Width: 805m
    Power: 1015623122.2 Regen: 50770725.0 e/sec
    Thrust: 602630.7 PowerCons: 800524.0
    Shields: 20192698.0 Shield Regen: 2073401.0 s/sec

Main Gun: Cbe
    DPS: 616230 DPP: 3695885.2 Range: 14.9km Reload: 3998.9ms
    Main Chain Cannons: 2x Ccpt
    DPS: 616240.0 DPP: 46218.0 Range: 5km Reload: 100ms
    Main Cutter Beam: Bce
    DPS: 2747.7 DPT: 13738.3 Range: 2.5km Cooldown: 0.5 sec BurstTime: 1.0 sec
    Main Shrapnel Missiles: Mce
    98 Groups
    DPM: 6345.0 Radius: 16 Speed: 297 Reload: 3000ms
    Main Sniper Missiles: Mbe
    12 Groups
    DPM: 765450.0 Radius: 22 Speed: 891 Reload: 45000ms
    Upper Swarm Missiles: Mme
    268 Groups (x20 missiles)
    DPM: 1001.2 Radius: 14 Speed: 148.8 reload: 15000ms
    Lower Swarm Missiles: Mme
    294 Groups (x20 missiles)
    DPM: 641.2 Radius: 14 Speed: 148.5 reload: 15000ms

At current the ship is able to move at full thrust and fire any weapon with no power drain. This is changed when jamming is added but not to an unmanageable level, Though the ship is quite visible from a sector away with 5km sectors, and very hard to miss so the jamming is just an option that really makes no sense, but it is there all the same.

bridge1.jpg
    partial bridge section not complete because the weapons computers will be going into the stations along with their support computers.

astrometrics1.jpg
    Astrometrics lab all just for show unless i get some ideas.

brig1.jpg

brig area x2 204 cap each retractable walkways controlled from the tower.

brig2.jpg

brig with walkways out

brig4sec.jpg
    brig entrance with laser wall, have to have a laser wall.

brig5sec.jpg
    and it works

centralcaf.jpg
    central kiosk, not really a cafeteria, no cafeteria because the rooms have replicators.... work with me here there are 910 crew quarters.

crewquarters1.jpg
    crew quarters cross section hulled out by the 16x bug so i took the opportunity to make a shot, you can also see some of the turbo lift tubes which actually work too... now that i fixed them again.

crewquarters2.jpg
    crew quarters include half bath, storage, desk, bed... and replicator... really have to imagine it.

turbocontrol1.jpg
    here is the control room for the turbo tubes though it is not decorated it is functional and runs all 10 tubes.

so that is ten of the pics more in a moment or two... unless i hit my limit.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    ok here goes.

datastorage1.jpg
    Data storage, on the science deck, purely roll-play.

salvagecontrolandstorage1.jpg
    Salvage control room also on science deck, connects to salvage beam which uses storage bins here.

variablelabs1.jpg
    Science labs, which I have not decided if I should flesh them out, they are designed to be combined into 4 large labs or any combination up to 16 smaller ones, so not sure what to do here, suggestions welcome.

specimenholding1.jpg
    this is live specimen holding for the labs. with various sized holding areas.

medicalemergency1.jpg
    entrance to medical area, with capacity for 16 in emergency rooms and another 108 in the general hospital. that sounds like a lot but it is small if you consider the 910 crew rooms

nursestationhospital1.jpg
    nurse station in the general hospital which has showers, bathrooms, MRI and scanning equipment, and two full OP with second floor theaters
    opandtheater.jpg
    OP from theater on second floor.

medicalshuttlebay1.jpg
    dedicated medical shuttle bay capacity 6 shuttles and direct access to hospital via elevator.

minishuttlebay1.jpg
    mini shuttle bay directly below medical and main shuttle bay, holds 12 standard mini and 4 medical mini.

ok if this post works Ill move on to the carrier part.

Reaction score
    and now the carrier part. IE ships, enough to actually call it a carrier. Actually probably enough to break most servers so yeah here is where I went back and deleted all but one of each,

bomberbay1.jpg This is a heavy bomber bay, two bays 22 bombers each 44 total.

fighterbay1.jpg
    Fighter bays x2 60 fighters each 120 total. this bay is above the bombers and has an emergency turbo tube straight to medical.

dronecontrol1.jpg This is one of the drone control rooms, the controls will allow the drones to be manually released from here in waves. there are 4 drone bays and each holds 330 drones released in waves of 55 the total max is 1320 drones of 4 variations.

dronebay1.jpg

this is drone bay 1 with what i call lancer drones, fast fire rockets. with mini-guns. there are also fighters quad cannons, interceptors with long range cannons and missiles 9km, heavy bomber drones.

mainshuttlebay.jpg

this is the main shuttle bay it holds 12 standard shuttles which hold 4 crew and 16 passengers, the medical bay is sealed and directly behind (blue guid lights) the science bay is over with 2 science shuttles (look same just science stations and sleeping for long trips, instead of passenger areas.

scoutbay1.jpg
    explorer/scout bay this is actually two bays together holds a possible total of 8 ships which are fast lightly armed jammer ships. they also have their own mini-shuttles in a rear hanger. why? I have no idea I just thought it would be cool.

frigatebay1.jpg
    Here is the frigate bay, it holds 4 frigates which are the actual first ship i built out of parts from pirate stations in a normal game. so it is not quite up to specs yet. but will be when i get time. it does have a lot of moving parts though so I may pull it to save on lag, but at this point that just sounds silly. However, it is logic heavy. the logic runs doors, landing gear, landing ramps, docking arms, the grey parts are actually coming from the frigates to the docks.

maintenance1.jpg

maintenance sled, can be used to tow any of the fighters and bombers and has storage with the intent to carry additional thrusters, reactors and docking enhancers so it can actually tow the frigates and shuttle... roll play.

ok next up engineering

Reaction score
    engineering not really finished but it has a couple features I that may give others ideas. these are dual control stations. there are 4 around engineering, the main one is not done because it will have controls for the engines... the roll play engines.

engineering1.jpg

Control stations

engineering2.jpg

This is the engine/power conversion room in cooldown mode.

engineering3.jpg

and here again in active mode. this effect will be in the outer engines as well and controlled from here in engineering with the bridge having controls as well, cause you may not want to have them on while flying.. or you may.

engineering4.jpg

Not really part of engineering but these maintenance tunnels run all through the ship to all major parts and can be used as roll play for ship takeovers or invasions.

ok so I have just started working on the outside and have settled on a simi voyager/vengancer look as the design holds the ship well and I like star trek. I know it is a bit odd looking as it is but it will make more sense when its closer to finished.

Updated More External work done.

This is the forward section, the large open section is for drones to exit the ship.
    forward.section.jpg

This is the engine pod area. where the engine pods will go once I have a design I like.
    engine.pod.area.jpg
    here is a forward view of the bridge peeking over the forward hull section.

bridge.outside.jpg

over view of the front section.

overview.jpg

under view of the front section. underside.view.jpg

View from next to the captains chair. so yes there will be cameras.
    bridge.captains.view.jpg

and yes that is the core, yes I know it is exposed but i hate having the core hidden in the middle of the ship so I hid it behind 16 layers of crystal armor instead.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, that ship is pretty big and will probably have to have docked reactors in order to be power=stable while flying. I suggest putting the reactors next to engineering, so it's functional as well as RP.
    I definitely think you should add color to the walls of the ship (I would think having colored stripes to indicate decks would be good. Also having perfectly square hallways isn't the best thing you can do; I suggest putting wedges in the upper corners of your hallways.

P.S. If you hit tab+G before taking pictures, it removes the GUI, so we don't see docking boxes or the build indicator box. Then use f6 (default) to take a picture without the HUD (even if HUD is off)

Reaction score
    Funny you should say that, I spent most of yesterday working on the reactors, I actually was planning on it though these are internal external power, there are reactors now just outside of the walls of main engineering though still inside the ship, I plan to add access ways to the switches so the engineers can go in an manually shut the main ones down, their are also auxiliary reactors next to the central flight deck with similar access plans through the maintenance doors.

Oh I like the stripe idea, but i have no plans to color code all 23 decks though maybe command and hangar decks might be good. I did however, labeled them at the elevators/stair towers with displays that tell you whats on each deck. and where the turbo shafts go.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay cool that you've got the reactors under control.
    As for the stripes, maybe just use one color for each section. So only switch stripe colors when there's something important, and maybe have a secondary color under the stripe by the accessways between decks.

Reaction score
    I will take it into consideration. I am not a big fan of colorful ships. I tend to repaint them all black and white or grey, but we will see.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you have nothing but grey tubes for hallways, it will be boring. And easy to get lost in.

Reaction score
    If you have nothing but grey tubes for hallways, it will be boring. And easy to get lost in.
    the grey tubes are intended to be that way, they are access tubes. they are not even readily accessible unless you know where to look.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you are looking to avoid putting to much color in the inside of the ship try breaking up the hall ways with different types of hull (normal, standard, and advanced), wedges, and metal grating. Also try adding some black and grey in with the white.

Reaction score
    If you are looking to avoid putting to much color in the inside of the ship try breaking up the hall ways with different types of hull (normal, standard, and advanced), wedges, and metal grating. Also try adding some black and grey in with the white.
    This idea I like, and it is sort of what I have in mind. Here is the thing about the ship is one of the reasons I built it the way I did is I hated all the big ships I saw with the crazy hallways. They where good to look at, one time, after that they where just a pain in the butt to get around in, too much junk to get hung up on, which I always found to be a tad comical. You see the reason ships are built like that in the real world has nothing to do aesthetics, it is a limitation imposed by building methods. You simply can't find anyone who will build a ship any other way unless you are willing to pay 3 to 5 times the cost. I would think that building methods would improve by the time warp drives come along.

This corridor makes sense if you want to make an efficient ship, where crew are not running into each other or bulkheads, or other junk.

corridor-from-star-trek.jpg
    but they really should change the colors.

This is also acceptable because it is obviously an aesthetic style, and non-obtrusive.

index.jpg

But these are no
    BSG_Corridor_by_Snazz84.jpg

no, though the handle bars are at least a reason for the big hunks of metal in the hall.
    CorridorTest.1.jpg

no
    hallwaytest71.jpg

and hell no
    images.jpg

However when I do get around to hallways this is what I plan to use as a template idea.

engineering_encounter-4.jpg

very limited color and minimal trip over it factor. I think it is pretty close to what Creeper_God suggests

Reaction score
    Update: Engine Pods added. power and shields very stable. systems and power grid under construction.

side view
    side.view.jpg

rear side view
    rear.view.engine.jpg

engine armored.

rear.view.jpg

also main hangar open. smaller doors lead to various docking bays. control room under construction.

main.hangar.jpg

bridge view just cause I like it.
    forward.bridge.jpg

still not ready to start details but closer

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Just a quick update on some of the work I have been doing.

The cargo area is now in place. I wanted to make it a bit more roll play friendly and to me that meant that the cargo pods needed to be useable for more than storing something on the ship. So I built a cargo pod, the pod can be docked to docking areas inside the mother ship, loaded on the cargo shuttles or carried around by maintenance rigs which can also access the cargo area if needed.

cargo.box.jpg

The shuttle itself is in line with a sleeper box truck. It has facilities, personal storage separate from the cargo pod as well as a small birth for long hauls. It carries a single light weapon, as well as radar jamming for emergencies.

cargo.bay.shuttle.jpg

The cargo pod easily fits into the cargo bay in the rear of the ship which it was built inside of to begin with.
    cargo.shuttle.jpg

I added some tractor beam control systems to the main hangar as well as a single tractor turret.

starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg

the reason for the tractor system is to allow easier roll play of replacing the auxiliary reactors... of course they never actually need to be replaced but they can be. the tractor system works as my test was able to wedge this fighter (it is not mine, it is a Isanth Cc included in original game) in the door by pulling it in from one beam to another though I did get it a bit crooked a trained professional should have no trouble the reactors are 15x16x15 and the door is 23x23.
    starmade-screenshot-0002.jpg

Added a maintenance area for fighters, the cranes can be removed with the switches for easier docking and the bay itself connects to all the fighter bays.
    starmade-screenshot-0003.jpg

Added removable crane to each fighter, bomber, and drone bay. which can be deployed from the bay control room of each bay.
    starmade-screenshot-0004.jpg

a couple of minor additions,

conference/brief room with removable chairs and table set off the small central park.
    confrence.brief.jpg

Armories added to both crew deck areas, though it is obviously too much storage for the weapons available in game, it may come in useful for future expansions.
    secure.lockers.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, that ship is pretty big and will probably have to have docked reactors in order to be power=stable while flying. I suggest putting the reactors next to engineering, so it's functional as well as RP.
    I definitely think you should add color to the walls of the ship (I would think having colored stripes to indicate decks would be good. Also having perfectly square hallways isn't the best thing you can do; I suggest putting wedges in the upper corners of your hallways.

P.S. If you hit tab+G before taking pictures, it removes the GUI, so we don't see docking boxes or the build indicator box. Then use f6 (default) to take a picture without the HUD (even if HUD is off)
    Why does adding docked reactors mean more benefit versus just adding more reactors? (I assume you mean power generation units)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why does adding docked reactors mean more benefit versus just adding more reactors? (I assume you mean power generation units)
    The bonus from reactors per entity is at 1,000,000 with a dimishing return. Once you get close, each indivdual reactor module doesn't add much more than the 25-per-block power. A docked reactor bypasses this.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a helluva lot of potential here, but the overall build just seems...basic. Don't get me wrong, I love the exterior, and most of the interior as well. However, some points you may consider redoing are the bridge and the docked ships. Look around the forums for inspiration. Also, you need to hit the greebles. HARD.
    Anywho, that's all for now. I hope you take the suggestions into consideration. Ta-ta!

Reaction score
    Cargo Area Update:

After expanding the cargo bay, the cargo transfer system has been added.
    starmade-screenshot-0001.jpg
    This system is intended to move the Cargo pods which can be docked and loaded at other ships or stations or planets.
    starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg

The transfer System will allow cargo pods to be moved to and from the ships main cargo hold.

starmade-screenshot-0002.jpg
    As well as pulled in or deposited through the cargo access

starmade-screenshot-0003.jpg

starmade-screenshot-0004.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421492650,1421490103][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There is a helluva lot of potential here, but the overall build just seems...basic. Don't get me wrong, I love the exterior, and most of the interior as well. However, some points you may consider redoing are the bridge and the docked ships. Look around the forums for inspiration. Also, you need to hit the greebles. HARD.
    Anywho, that's all for now. I hope you take the suggestions into consideration. Ta-ta!
    Thank you for the input. It made me realize I never actually explained what I am doing, This is a basic ship I am building, and I am building it that way on purpose so that I have a way to build large custom versions without having to remake the entire ships. The details, hull, hangars, halls, etc. will come however not before the ship is in a state where it is fully functional and operational, after that the details that have no use other than to be seen will be added. Which is the reason many areas seem outlandishly large and only sparsely detailed, to make room for latter details. There will be more than one version of this monster ship but all built from the basic form out, or refit to serve alternate purposes.

Reaction score
    Progress Update On Interior Expansion, Adding Rec Area connected to Crew Decks.

This is not by far finished, It is just how far I got today. The walls will eventually be knocked out to add officer quarters and fitness areas as well as a few other features over along the jogging ring. The original room was just a big square box so give me some time to work in the details.

rec.area.started.jpg

This is a dinner/lunch/buffe area I will work on the decor after I get the shops put in and have some idea how much extra space I will have.

dinner.jpg

This is the front of the movie theater again no great details just the outline for future work.

movie.front.jpg

The arcade, A small bit of detail which i mainly did just to see if I had enough room for it, I ll work on it more later.
    movie.arcade.jpg
    This is the crew area as seen from the theater, those walls are actually partially taken up by logic so expansion will be delicate there.
    crew.deck.from.movies.jpg
    and finally the main theater is done to the point where I can estimate remaining space in the area for the other two smaller screens.
    movie.theater.jpg

As before I have not gone into great detail yet, the ship is far far far from finished and is at this point still around 30% empty space to be filled. even with all main systems and main weapons in place. See the first post for more details on technical stats, however those are most probably not the final stats with so much space remaining open. More updates latter.

Almost forgot the front end has been remodeled to bring it more in line with the plans for the first refit version which will be based on the Khnial battle cruiser
    remodel.jpg

Last edited: